Introduction to PMO
What you'll learn
- Types of PMOs can be formed
- PMO function and approach
- PMO job roles
- Range of services and benefits a PMO can offer
- There are no prerequisites to this course. A basic understanding of project management and the control of projects is a good starting point
PMOs (Project Management Office) are in place to facilitate the selection of the right projects and programmes; supported by a framework to enable them to be delivered successfully in terms of benefits, quality, time and budget. But PMOs can take many shapes. Each Organisation has a different view.
This course will take you on a quick tour of how PMOs operate at different levels and the core activities that PMO perform. Ideal for anyone interested in project management and the different approaches to Project Management Offices. But also an invaluable overview to managers that need to interact with PMOs and hope to get more from the services they can provide.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone how wishes to understand the basics of Project Management Offices is welcome to join
A professional, results-driven and experienced Project Management Professional with expertise spanning the full project lifecycle including PMO management, portfolio management, business change, project governance, risk management, project implementation and resource management. Solid knowledge and practical experience of PRINCE2, P3O, MSP, PMI PMBOK as well as other project, programme and portfolio tools, methods and processes. Mike has run tailored courses for a number of organisations, including TNT, Ryder, Games Workshop, and British Polythene industries