Introduction to Orthodontics. Patient Examination.
What you'll learn
- Introducing orthodontics to your dental practice
- Occlusion and malocclusion
- Growth and development of the craniofacial region
- Development of the dentition
- The orthodontic patient examination
- Interested in becoming an orthodontic specialist
This course will take you from zero to hero of the following orthodontic topics: Definitions and divisions of orthodontics, classifications of malocclusions, growth and development in the craniofacial region and detailed steps for orthodontic patient examination.
Here are the main headlines that this course covers:
Introduction to orthodontics. Definitions and divisions
1. Andrews six keys of normal occlusion. Positions of the mandible. Equilibrium theory
2. Classification of malocclusion
3. Prevalence of malocclusion. Aetiology of malocclusion
5.Benefits and risks of orthodontic treatment
Growth and development of the craniofacial region
1. Levels of growth of the body. Development of the mandible
2. Development of the maxilla. Development of the cranial vault. Mandibular growth rotations. Adult craniofacial growth.
Development of the dentition
1. Postnatal development of the dentition.Development of the jaws. Deciduous dentition
2. Mixed dentiton. Crowding of mandibular incisors
3. Occlusal changes in the permanent dentition
The orthodontic patient examination
1. Patient examination. Medical and Dental history
2. Extraoral examination. Smile analysis
3. Dental photography
4. Radiographs used in orthodontics
5. Cephalometric analysis. Hard tissue landmarks
6. Anatomic planes. Cephalometric angles
7. Simple cephalometric analysis
8. Steiner’s analysis. Wits appraisal. Tweed’s analysis
9. Facial analysis. Malocclusions. Errors in cephalometric analysis
10. Dental cast analysis
11. Moyers’ analysis. Bolton’s analysis. Pont’s index. Linderhearth’s analysis. Carey`s analysis
12. Evaluation of the skeletal and dental relationships in the three planes of space.
Who this course is for:
- General dentists and post-graduate students
- Dental students
Dr. Ivelina Koycheva is a renowned international lecturer and trains dentists from all over the world in orthodontics. She is the author of over 40 online orthodontic courses, which are attended by dentists from Germany, England, Italy, France, USA, Ireland, Mexico, Bahrain, South Africa, Kenya, Taiwan, the Netherlands, Thailand, Turkey, Portugal, Egypt and many other countries.
She is the author of the books “Orthodontic Treatment Protocols” and “Everything about orthodontic treatment”. She is the best-selling and highest-rated orthodontic trainer in Udemy.
Dr. Ivelina Koycheva is the inventor of an innovative method of applying stabilization arches during orthodontic treatment that significantly optimizes treatment time.
She graduated Dental Medicine at Medical University – Sofia and specialized in orthodontics in Poland. She learned orthodontic specifics from world-known lecturers like Prof. Adrian Becker, Prof. Stella Chaushu, Dr. Richard P. McLaughlin (creator of the MBT braces system), Dr. Giorgio Fiorelli.
She applies the acquired knowledge in her daily orthodontic practice. She has treated hundreds of cases in her orthodontic clinic.