Introduction to Orthodontic Biomechanics
What you'll learn
- The elementary concepts of mechanics applied to orthodontics, such as center of resistance, center of rotation, equivalent force systems and equilibrium.
- The biological basis of orthodontic tooth movement.
- The most important physiological and pharmacological modulations of orthodontic tooth movement.
- How to fabricate and activate several statically determinate and indeterminate appliances
- The only requirement for the course is the interest in orthodontic biomechanics.
THIS COURSE OFFERS A DIFFERENTIAL OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE OR CONSOLIDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE IN ORTHODONTIC BIOMECHANICS:
- The lectures are interactive and didactic.
- The mechanical and biological basis are approached in a scientific and creative way.
- Simulations in typodont and studies with finite elements allow visualization of dental movements in the three planes of space.
If you are at the beginning or middle of your specialist training, this course will be one of your greatest guides to understanding any appliance or orthodontic technique, especially those needed for complex cases solving.
If you are an experienced orthodontist, you can update yourself on the fundamentals of scientific biomechanics, which are part of our clinical life on a permanent basis.
The history of orthodontics has been - and will always be - governed by the physical and biological laws involved in orthodontic movements. If you want to deepen and enjoy the knowledge of this history, this course is for you!
Who this course is for:
- Post-graduate students and orthodontic specialists.
- Students of dentistry, students and professionals in the areas of biology and engineering can also benefit from the knowledge of the course.
Caracterizo minha carreira como uma busca incessante por conhecimento. O prazer de aprender, aplicar e compartilhar as experiências adquiridas naturalmente me tornaram professor. Para honrar a profissão, dedico boa parte do meu tempo (dividido entre atividades pessoais e profissionais) à produção de objetos eficientes de aprendizagem. Assim, espero contribuir com todos aqueles que também se satisfazem ao expandir seu horizonte de conhecimentos.
Minha formação: Cirurgião-Dentista (UFPEL); Mestre e Doutor em Fisiologia (UNICAMP); Especialista e Doutor em Ortodontia (UNICAMP); Pós-Doutorado em Ortodontia (Universidade de Aarhus, Dinamarca). Pesquisador e Professor Associado da Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil.
Criador do blog Essential Biomechanics.
I characterize my career as an incessant quest for knowledge. The pleasure of learning, applying and sharing experiences naturally made me a teacher. To honor the profession, I spend much of my time (divided between personal and professional activities) to produce efficient learning objects. So, I hope to contribute to all those who are also satisfied by expanding their horizon of knowledge.
My education: Doctor of Dental Surgery (UFPEL); Master and PhD in Physiology (UNICAMP); Specialist and PhD in Orthodontics (UNICAMP); Post-Doctorate in Orthodontics (University of Aarhus, Denmark). Researcher and Associate Professor at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
Creator of the blog Essential Biomechanics.