Introduction to Orthodontic Biomechanics
What you'll learn
- The elementary concepts of mechanics applied to orthodontics, such as center of resistance, center of rotation, equivalent force systems and equilibrium.
- The biological basis of orthodontic tooth movement.
- The most important physiological and pharmacological modulations of orthodontic tooth movement.
- How to fabricate and activate several statically determinate and indeterminate appliances
- The only requirement for the course is the interest in orthodontic biomechanics.
Discover the Key Tooth Movements for Adult Orthodontics Success!
THIS COURSE OFFERS A DIFFERENTIAL OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE OR CONSOLIDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE IN ORTHODONTIC BIOMECHANICS:
- The lectures are interactive and didactic.
- The mechanical and biological basis are approached in a scientific and creative way.
- Simulations in typodont and studies with finite elements allow visualization of dental movements in the three planes of space.
If you are at the beginning or middle of your specialist training, this course will be one of your greatest guides to understanding any appliance or orthodontic technique, especially those needed for complex cases solving.
If you are an experienced orthodontist, you can update yourself on the fundamentals of scientific biomechanics, which are part of our clinical life on a permanent basis.
Explore essential tooth movements, including molar uprighting, molar protraction, molar expansion, molar derotation, anterior intrusion, three-piece mechanics, and more, as we guide you through the art and science of orthodontic biomechanics!
In addition to the comprehensive course content, we are excited to provide you with valuable supplementary materials that will elevate your learning journey:
Interactive Ebook: Delve into the 10 most fundamental concepts of biomechanics with our interactive ebook.
Video-Enhanced Audiobook: Enjoy the convenience of learning on the go with our engaging video-enhanced audiobook.
Who this course is for:
- Post-graduate students and orthodontic specialists.
- Students of dentistry, students and professionals in the areas of biology and engineering can also benefit from the knowledge of the course.
Creator of the blog Essential Biomechanics.
I characterize my career as an incessant quest for knowledge. The pleasure of learning, applying and sharing experiences naturally made me a teacher. To honor the profession, I spend much of my time (divided between personal and professional activities) to produce efficient learning objects. So, I hope to contribute to all those who are also satisfied by expanding their horizon of knowledge.
My education: Doctor of Dental Surgery (UFPEL); Master and PhD in Physiology (UNICAMP); Specialist and PhD in Orthodontics (UNICAMP); Post-Doctorate in Orthodontics (University of Aarhus, Denmark). Researcher and Associate Professor at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
Criador do blog Essential Biomechanics.
Caracterizo minha carreira como uma busca incessante por conhecimento. O prazer de aprender, aplicar e compartilhar as experiências adquiridas naturalmente me tornaram professor. Para honrar a profissão, dedico boa parte do meu tempo (dividido entre atividades pessoais e profissionais) à produção de objetos eficientes de aprendizagem. Assim, espero contribuir com todos aqueles que também se satisfazem ao expandir seu horizonte de conhecimentos.
Minha formação: Cirurgião-Dentista (UFPEL); Mestre e Doutor em Fisiologia (UNICAMP); Especialista e Doutor em Ortodontia (UNICAMP); Pós-Doutorado em Ortodontia (Universidade de Aarhus, Dinamarca). Pesquisador e Professor Associado da Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil.