Oracle SQL - A Complete Introduction
- Nothing - this is a beginner's course
Learn how to use Oracle SQL from scratch, to improve your developer skills or to access an Oracle SQL database at work.
This course will teach you the basics of the SQL language on an Oracle database.
It uses video lectures to teach you Oracle SQL, covering database topics such as:
- Setting up your Oracle environment
- Basic terminology
- Reading data using a SELECT statement
- What can be done using a SELECT statement
- Data types
- Joins, set operators, subqueries
- Inserting, updating and deleting data
- Creating tables
The course materials run for approximately 4 hours and are split into multiple sessions.
It's structured into various sessions and lectures, grouped by functional areas to make it easier to learn.
Why should you take this course?
There are many benefits of taking my Oracle SQL course:
- You can go from absolute beginner to capable of writing Oracle SQL statements in a matter of hours
- Avoid paying thousands of dollars for training.
- You can also study in your own time!
- Learn from someone who actually has Oracle SQL experience (and runs a website teaching others how to use and optimise their Oracle SQL)!
If you want to learn Oracle SQL from someone who has experience, then take this course.
- Those who have some knowledge about IT but minimal SQL knowledge
- University or college students
- Those who need to use a database at work, but don't know how
- Oracle Express 18c Download and Setup07:25
- How To Install Oracle On A Mac00:20
- How to Resolve Oracle Connection Issues00:12
- SQL Developer Download03:45
- Create a New User04:57
- Our Sample Database02:14
- Setting Up Our Sample Data02:13
- How to View Data With the SELECT Statement05:38
- Selecting Individual Columns05:33
- Filtering Data with WHERE03:48
- Comparison Operators03:18
- Filtering on Partial Values with LIKE04:15
- Filtering on Date Values03:35
- Using Two Filters03:03
- More Than Two Filters03:54
- What is NULL?03:49
- Getting Unique Records with DISTINCT04:21
- SELECT Quiz3 questions
- IN and NOT IN04:09
- BETWEEN and NOT BETWEEN03:19
- ALL Keyword04:18
- ANY Keyword04:44
- Operators Quiz3 questions
- Sorting Results with the ORDER BY Clause04:19
- Ordering By Multiple Columns03:33
- Set Operators and UNION06:06
- UNION ALL Operator02:30
- INTERSECT Operator03:58
- MINUS Operator02:38
- Three or More Sets At Once03:39
- What are Functions?01:48
- Counting Data04:01
- Using COUNT in Other Ways04:08
- Counting Data Within Groups with GROUP BY05:30
- GROUP BY with WHERE and ORDER BY04:36
- GROUP BY with Multiple Columns04:02
- GROUP BY with HAVING04:09
- The SUM Function03:25
- Using the MAX and MIN functions04:22
- Using the AVG function02:58
- What are Table Aliases?03:06
- What Are Column Aliases?05:02
- What Are Joins?02:07
- Inner Join07:46
- Left Outer Join05:11
- Right Outer Join03:10
- Full Outer Join02:13
- Natural Join03:20
- Cartesian or Cross Join03:27
- Self Join04:56
- Joining Many Tables07:51
- Alternative Join Syntax04:54
- String Functions05:51
- Nesting Functions Within Functions03:46
- Number Functions04:48
- Date Functions05:47
- Data Types and Conversion Functions05:23
- The CASE Statement07:14
I'm a software consultant that has a passion for databases, and teaching others. I have over seven years experience in the IT industry in many roles, including database support, database development, database design, reporting, business analysis, project management, and even Excel.
I obtained the Oracle SQL Expert certification and currently looking into the next certification on my list!
I'd like to teach others about databases and database topics, such as SQL, database design, and performance.