Introduction to openHAB 3.0
What you'll learn
- Learn the fundamentals of Home Automation
- In-depth understanding of concepts in openHAB
- Learn how to set up and configure openHAB 3.0
- UI-driven and File-based configurations in openHAB 3.0
- Home Automation using Rules
- Design user interfaces for your smart home
- Basic understanding of electronics and related concepts
- Working knowledge of the Raspberry Pi and ESP32 Boards
- Basic experience with Arduino IDE, though prior experience with programming languages is not mandatory
JUNE 2022 Update
Updated method for Connecting ESP32 to OpenHAB
Welcome to MAKERDEMY's “Introduction to openHAB 3.0” course.
This is an introductory course on the popular home automation platform, openHAB. Do you wish to build your own customized home automation system that is cloudless, technology and manufacturer-independent? Want to explore more and learn what makes openHAB so cool?
This course is a one stop destination for an easy introduction to openHAB. By the end of the course, you would have internalized all the concepts behind openHAB 3.0 and its features. You would have implemented a capstone project in openHAB using the Raspberry Pi 4 and ESP32 boards, as well as implement mini-projects and assignments that help you understand concepts with ease. At the end of the course, you will be in a position to come up with your own Home Automation solutions using openHAB 3.0.
Throughout the course, we have provided a curated collection of original resources. These resources include links to documents for in-depth learning, links, videos, and more. At MAKERDEMY, we have a dedicated instructor team who will promptly answer any of your course-related queries.
So, what are you waiting for?! Come, join me in this course. I look forward to being your instructor for this course and turn you into a home automation expert!
Who this course is for:
- Any developer or an engineer who wishes to work with automation platforms in general
- Home automation enthusiasts who wish to control all aspects of their smart home products and devices
- Electronics hobbyists who look forward to tinkering with programming boards like the Raspberry Pi, and work on automation tasks for smart homes
Venkatesh Varadachari is the founder of MAKERDEMY, a pioneer maker education company head-quartered in Singapore.
Venkatesh believes that knowledge should be made available to people in all walks of life. Venkatesh also believes in the power of education to transform lives.
Venkatesh has an MBA from the prestigious Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
He also has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Madras University and a Masters in Financial Engineering from National University of Singapore.
I am Electronics and Communication Engineering graduate, passionate about teaching new concepts and technology that drives the future. My interests lie at the intersection of programming, hardware, and electronics, and I try to keep myself updated with the latest advancements in cutting-edge technology. I have honed my skills in Python, C/C++, VHDL, Matlab, and I've had experience working with microcontrollers like the Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and ESP32 for IoT-based applications.