Introduction to networking for complete beginners
- You have to know how to use Microsoft Windows, e.g. Windows XP/7/8
You know nothing about networking? Not ready for MTA Servers / Networking, Comptia, VPN, General Networking courses?
The solution is simple: "Introduction to networking for complete beginners".
More than 80.000 students have joined this training! 5000+ reviews. Start today!
In this course you will learn elementary networking concepts in 60 minutes.
- Why do we need networks?
- Basic commands: ipconfig, ping, traceroute
- Introduction to the world of Cisco
- How to start troubleshooting a home network
- Wireless issues
- How to start a career in IT
- Bonus videos
The course is a perfect starting point before going for other courses I prepared for you like General Networking, MTA in Networking or CCNA.
It is free for a limited time only!
Complete beginners guide to networking concepts. Join today
Contents and Overview
In 60 minutes of content including more than 15 lectures, this course covers the basics of networking concepts for complete beginners. Enjoy free bonus videos covering additional topics!
Students completing the course will have the knowledge to join courses like General Networking, MTA Servers Fundamentals, MTA Networking Fundamentals, VPNs or CCNA. A lot of real world examples help you apply your skills and make difficult topics much easier to understand.
- Students who are not ready for MTA or CCNA
- Everybody who wants to learn basic networking concept
- Why do we need a computer network?07:25
- A Quick Announcement00:22
- What is a router and a firewall?05:13
- Commands you need: ipconfig, ping and traceroute08:20
- Welcome to the world of Cisco!04:37
- Welcome to the world of Cisco - part 202:28
- What is an IP address?08:25
- Introduction to subnetting06:11
- More about subnetting00:10
- How to start your career in IT05:06
- How to learn troubleshooting02:13
- Fix a home network - the Internet is down?05:27
- Identify wireless networks around you02:34
- Let's Block a Web Browser04:18
- Let's summarize the series00:59
- IP Camera06:37
- Overview of network devices4 pages
- Bonus Lecture: Your next step!00:08
- Quiz15 questions
- Motion tracking IP Camera - a puppy having fun!03:32
- Ethical Hacking08:44
- NEW! Cheat Sheets1 page
- What is a Virtual Private Network?16:55
- An interview with an IT Support Engineer11:04
- QUIZ - What do you know about the new IT technologies?5 questions
Hi, my name is Marious. I have been working in IT for 20 years (web design, networking, security, tutoring, management).
My courses/certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCP, Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security, CCSP, Zyxel Security Professional,
Postgraduate studies in networking & security. A Master's Degree in Human Resources.
20 years of experience in IT. This has included designing, troubleshooting and installing networks, Cisco routers, switches, access points and firewalls (ASA Firewalls, Aironet, VLANs, routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, spanning tree, VPNs, Cyberoam, IPS/IDS, Riverbed), Previous experience includes Microsoft systems, IT Manager, Technical Trainer (Cisco, Comptia, Microsoft) and Private Tutor.
CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate (2009)
CCNP Cisco Certified Network Professional (2010)
CCNA_SEC Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (2012)
CCNA_ASA Cisco ASA Firewalls Specialist: Security and VPNs (2013)
CCSP (CCNP Sec) – Cisco Certified Security Specialist (2013)
ZCNP ZyXEL Certified Network Professional (2012)
MCSE Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (2011)
MCP Microsoft Certified Professional (Windows Server) (2009)
MCTS Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (Vista) (2009)
MCSA Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (2010)
Training in ERP management, Cisco Networking Academy CCNA (distinction)
Microsoft Courses (Windows Server 2003, SQL, XP, ISA Server, Exchange Server)
Thanks and good luck with your studies!