Introduction to networking for complete beginners
- You have to know how to use Microsoft Windows, e.g. Windows XP/7/8
You know nothing about networking? Not ready for MTA Servers / Networking, Comptia, VPN, General Networking courses?
The solution is simple: "Introduction to networking for complete beginners".
More than 80.000 students have joined this training! 5000+ reviews. Start today!
In this course you will learn elementary networking concepts in 60 minutes.
- Why do we need networks?
- Basic commands: ipconfig, ping, traceroute
- Introduction to the world of Cisco
- How to start troubleshooting a home network
- Wireless issues
- How to start a career in IT
- Bonus videos
The course is a perfect starting point before going for other courses I prepared for you like General Networking, MTA in Networking or CCNA.
It is free for a limited time only!
Complete beginners guide to networking concepts. Join today
Contents and Overview
In 60 minutes of content including more than 15 lectures, this course covers the basics of networking concepts for complete beginners. Enjoy free bonus videos covering additional topics!
Students completing the course will have the knowledge to join courses like General Networking, MTA Servers Fundamentals, MTA Networking Fundamentals, VPNs or CCNA. A lot of real world examples help you apply your skills and make difficult topics much easier to understand.
- Students who are not ready for MTA or CCNA
- Everybody who wants to learn basic networking concept
- Why do we need a computer network?
- A Quick Announcement
- What is a router and a firewall?
- Commands you need: ipconfig, ping and traceroute
- Welcome to the world of Cisco!
- Welcome to the world of Cisco - part 2
- What is an IP address?
- Introduction to subnetting
- More about subnetting
- How to start your career in IT
- How to learn troubleshooting
- Fix a home network - the Internet is down?
- Identify wireless networks around you
- Let's Block a Web Browser
- Let's summarize the series
- IP Camera
- Overview of network devices
- Bonus Lecture: Your next step!
- Motion tracking IP Camera - a puppy having fun!
- Ethical Hacking
- NEW! Cheat Sheets
- What is a Virtual Private Network?
- An interview with an IT Support Engineer
- QUIZ - What do you know about the new IT technologies?
Hi, my name is Marious. I have been working in IT for 20 years (web design, networking, security, tutoring, management).
My courses/certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCP, Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security, CCSP, Zyxel Security Professional,
Postgraduate studies in networking & security. A Master's Degree in Human Resources.
20 years of experience in IT. This has included designing, troubleshooting and installing networks, Cisco routers, switches, access points and firewalls (ASA Firewalls, Aironet, VLANs, routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, spanning tree, VPNs, Cyberoam, IPS/IDS, Riverbed), Previous experience includes Microsoft systems, IT Manager, Technical Trainer (Cisco, Comptia, Microsoft) and Private Tutor.
CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate (2009)
CCNP Cisco Certified Network Professional (2010)
CCNA_SEC Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (2012)
CCNA_ASA Cisco ASA Firewalls Specialist: Security and VPNs (2013)
CCSP (CCNP Sec) – Cisco Certified Security Specialist (2013)
ZCNP ZyXEL Certified Network Professional (2012)
MCSE Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (2011)
MCP Microsoft Certified Professional (Windows Server) (2009)
MCTS Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (Vista) (2009)
MCSA Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (2010)
Training in ERP management, Cisco Networking Academy CCNA (distinction)
Microsoft Courses (Windows Server 2003, SQL, XP, ISA Server, Exchange Server)
Thanks and good luck with your studies!