The Complete Modern OpenGL and GLSL Shaders Course for 2021
What you'll learn
- Learn all about shaders and how the graphics pipeline works to render images on screen in OpenGL
- Students will learn different transformations, projections and views.
- Understand how VAO and GLM works
- Master projections in 2D and 3D environments in OpenGL
- Learn about ambient, diffuse and specular lighting and how they work in theory. Build and code your own 'Light' class to set up lighting.
- Understand, code and use your own textures in OpenGL
- Knowledge of C++
Welcome to The Complete Modern OpenGL and GLSL Shaders Course.
I am a University instructor that has been teaching OpenGL, game design and C++ for over 5 years. I noticed a lack of quality OpenGL courses that teach the theory and the practical aspects of OpenGL and decided to share my knowledge with the world!
Let me guide you through the fascinating world of OpenGL by teaching you the THEORY and the PRACTICAL aspects of OpenGL. With this course, you walk away with a SOLID foundation of OpenGL, as we will go beyond simply copy-pasting codes without explanation.
If you're a beginner to OpenGL, this course is perfect for you, as we cover the fundamentals of OpenGL and GLSL shaders. By the end of this course, you should be able to code your own textures, set up lighting for your 3D scene and move objects in a 3D environment and have a sounds grasp regarding the internals of OpenGL. Additionally, we will cover the theory behind shaders and learn how to write custom GLSL shader code, covering different components like SDL, GLM & VAO. I will also teach you how to work with extensions in OpenGL, and use GLAD to allow modern OpenGL to be used.
Projections are an important part of OpenGL. We cover different projections, namely 2D and 3D, to give you to ability to start moving about in a 3D environment. Students will also learn about different transformations and views, including a tutorial on GLM and how to link the library to your project.
Sign up for the course now and start your OpenGL journey today.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners curious about OpenGL and 3D game development
- Developers interested in basics of 3D game development and graphics
- C++ developers looking to add OpenGL to their skillset
Experiential Learning is a pioneer in education. Our courses span a variety of topics with a primary focus on the latest technologies. Each of our instructors are experts in their domain with a proven track record of success. Our goal is to deliver quality education to the masses at affordable rates.