Introduction to Mobile Game Programming for Beginners
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of the course you'll be able to make simple and entertaining mobile games.
- You will understand the basics of mobile programming (Displaying graphics, making them move, interacting via touch, and more!)
- You will develop a fun game from scratch!
In this video we go over the Corona SDK welcome screen as we prepare to create our first project.
If you haven't yet, please download Corona SDK by clicking the orange 'Download Corona' button at:
To download a trial of Lua Glider visit: http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/Glider/
To download Notepad++ visit the download link over at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
No programming course would be complete without a "Hello World!" example. In this short lesson you will learn how to display text in the Corona SDK console.
In this lesson we discuss repeat loops. Repeat loops allow us to repeatedly execute blocks of code as long as a condition is met much like while loops.
The main difference between repeat loops and while loops is that repeat loops will execute the code inside them at least one time because they check for the condition after they excecute.
Functions are a sequence of statements that are executed when called by other sections of the code.
In this lecture we structure our code better by utilizing functions to draw our viruses onto the screen.
In this lecture we make our viruses dispatch an event when they are touched.
In our game, viruses will respond to touch differently depending on their age. In this lecture we set up the older viruses to spawn younger ones when clicked.
- PC or Mac
- Corona SDK
OVER 1,000 SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THIS COURSE
NEW FEATURE! Full Source Code Shared Lesson-by-Lesson so you can follow along easily!
LATEST: Course Updated Again On October 31st 2014
Start programming your own games, with no outlay and no experience whatsoever, immediately - just like my current 1,000+ students! Nothing to pay out at all.
No expensive software is needed - and nothing else is required.
About this course:
- Over 1,000 very happy students
- No expensive software is needed - and nothing else is required.
- Full, free lifetime access
- All future extra lectures and upgrades are always included for free
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee - that's my personal promise of your success!
- Regular free surprise bonuses to increase your income even more!
- Now includes image files and place-holder sounds so you can implement the course right away!
- You also get full, free access to the entire source code of the game we build together in this course! That is a $499 value!
WATCH OVER MY SHOULDER AS I:
- Set up a Corona SDK project from scratch
- Design, Program and Tweak a fun and challenging mobile game (YOU GET ACCESS TO THE SOURCE CODE!)
Today, you can start programming your own mobile game so you too can cash in on this amazing growing industry, with no outlay whatsoever - and with ZERO prior experience!
We'll start with your first game, and the sky is the limit with the knowledge you'll acquire in this course.
This complete course has been taken by over 1,000 students already - see the amazing reviews below!
Indie developers such as Dong Nguyen (Creator of Flappy Bird) have reportedly generated over $50,000 per day in earnings from their mobile games (that's $350,000 dollars in a week!).
Now you can get a piece of that pie and you will need no prior programming knowledge, no super-computers, and you won't need to spend a penny on additional software.
I stress that you need no prior experience and there's nothing to buy or pay for. Nothing!
What you will learn in this course:
In Section 1we go over a quick introduction to Corona SDK and we will set up your very first project.
In Section 2 we dive right into programming by making your first "Hello World!" program. (No programming course would be complete without one!) We then continue to introduce variables,tables,storing tables within tables and more!
Section 3 is all about Control Structures. In this section we cover if blocks, while loops, repeat loops, for loops, functions and we also go over the importance of scope.
Section 4 is where the magic happens and the fun part begins. You will get to program your very first game in this section! You'll learn how to display images on the screen, make the images move and respond to touches, and you'll learn how to create a menu and game mechanics. THIS STUFF IS FUN!
... and much, much more!
You've taken the time to read this far down, and hopefully you've watched some of the preview lessons. Now it is time to take action and get started with the course so you too can be part of this exciting and developing mobile game industry.
Click the "take this course" button, top right, now ...every hour you delay is costing you money...
- Beginner Programmers
- Programmers Who Wish to Develop Mobile Games
- Gamming Enthusiasts Who Want TO Develop Their Own Mobile Games