Meditation For Beginners: Mindfulness Meditation Training
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 hour on-demand audio
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand what mindfulness meditation is
- Know how to do mindfulness meditation
- Use mindfulness meditation to reduce anxiety, and increase focus, calmness and clarity
- Know what the benefits of mindfulness meditation are
- Have experienced mindfulness meditation with guided meditations
- Ideally you will access to headphones and an mp3 player for listening to the meditation mp3's
- PC with good internet connection
- Willingness to engage with the meditations
- Willingness to work on increasing focus and concentration and put in practice
Learn what mindfulness meditation is, and experience four guided mindfulness meditations on video and downloadable mp3's.
This course will teach you:
- What mindfulness meditation is and how it works
- How to prepare to experience mindfulness meditation
- What the benefits of mindfulness meditation are to your health, wellbeing and success
Included in this course is four guided mindfulness meditations
- Re-centring Mindfulness Meditation
- Body Awareness Mindfulness Meditation
- Multi-Sensory Moment Mindfulness Meditation
- Master Your Awareness Mindfulness Meditation
The course is created by Dan Jones, who has over 20 years experience with meditation and the healing arts. Dan has studied Zen meditation and Tibetan Buddhist meditation, as well as the therapeutic applications of mindfulness meditation.
This course is structured to give you an understanding of mindfulness meditation before moving on to having you experience mindfulness meditation with the four included mindfulness meditation videos/mp3's.
The course will take about two hours to complete, but you will be likely to use the mindfulness meditation mp3's frequently as you practice mindfulness meditation and get used to meditating.
This course is for those interested in meditation, specifically mindfulness meditation. It is only a beginners course, so it probably isn't suited to those already highly knowledgeable on meditation or mindfulness.
- This course is for beginners that have no prior experience with mindfulness meditation
- This course is probably not for you if you are already an experienced mindfulness meditation practitioner
- This course is for those interested in having a brief introduction to mindfulness meditation including an opportunity to experience guided mindfulness meditation
At the end of this lecture you will have an understanding about what mindfulness is
At the end of this lecture you will have an understanding of why you should use mindfulness, and of many of the benefits of using mindfulness.
When you have experienced using guided mindfulness meditations, you may wish to progress onto doing mindfulness meditation without being guided. This is harder to do than guided meditation. One option is to guide yourself through meditations, like focusing on different body parts, or imagining a pleasant place in your mind. Alternatively you can use breathing or a word or sound. This is what this lecture covers. It gives you ideas for meditating on your breath, on a word or sound, or on a single mental image. This lecture will teach you these techniques, and give you ideas about how you can gradually develop your focus with these techniques.