(Introduction to) Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst
What you'll learn
- Prepare learners for the Microsoft PL-300 Exam: Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst.
- Provide learners the foundation of Data Modeling and Performance Tuning.
- Learn about using visuals to Analyzing Data.
- Acquire a foundation for Deploying and Maintaining Assets.
- Learners will need a basic understanding of what Microsoft Power BI does.
This course will discuss the various methods and best practices that are in line with business and technical requirements for modeling, visualizing, and analyzing data with Power BI. The course will also show how to access and process data from a range of data sources including both relational and non-relational data. This course will also explore how to implement proper security standards and policies across the Power BI spectrum including datasets and groups. The course will also discuss how to manage and deploy reports and dashboards for sharing and content distribution
The audience for this course is data professionals and business intelligence professionals who want to learn how to accurately perform data analysis using Power BI. This course is also targeted toward those individuals who develop reports that visualize data from the data platform technologies that exist on both in the cloud and on-premises. A very basic understanding is the only pre-requisite.
Job role: Data Analyst
Preparation for exam: PL-300*
*Although this course is designed to help prepare for the Microsoft Certified exam, it is a solid foundation for learning Microsoft Power BI, even if you are not planning to achieve certification.
• Ingest, clean, and transform data
• Model data for performance and scalability
• Design and create reports for data analysis
• Apply and perform advanced report analytics
• Manage and share report assets
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who needs to take data and turn it into visuals that provide actionable insights, which includes extracting data from original data sources, transforming data, adding calculations, relationships, etc. Although this course is designed for those who plan on taking the PL-300 exam: Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst, it is help to all data modelers and report designers.
Belinda Allen is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for Power BI.
Belinda is currently a Microsoft Power Platform (Certified) Trainer (MCT), Speaker, and the Co-Author of 2 books on Business Intelligence and Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Belinda focuses on the Microsoft Power Platform. She happily wears the title "Citizen Developer".