Introduction to Mental Health (Fully Accredited)
What you'll learn
- Define mental health and mental illness
- Describe the causes, symptoms and treatments for various mental health issues
- Understand how mental health issues are assessed
- State the ways that people with mental health issues can be supported professionally and empathically
- Understand the link between mental health and homelessness
- Describe causes, symptoms and treatments for depression
- Describe causes, symptoms and treatments for anxiety
- There are no prerequisites for joining the course, no previous knowledge or expewrience is needed...just an interest in mental health and/or a need to learn about mental health issues.
This course is fully accredited by IAOTH (International Association of Therapists) and a certificate is provided upon completion. This is a comprehensive introduction to the area of mental health, suitable for anyone with an interest in the area of mental health and illness. It is especially suitable for staff who work with people experiencing mental ill health, or for people with friends or family members who experience mental ill health. Comprised of PowerPoint focused presentations, face to face presentations, audio files, handouts and recommended articles for further information. The course does not require that the student have any previous knowledge or experience in the area of mental health, just an interest or a need to know.
The style of teaching is relaxed, informal and professional and throughout the course, students are encouraged to think through issues covered and to discuss with friends, colleagues or associates. Students are also encouraged to get in touch with the lecturer with any questions or queries they may have. The lecturer also welcomes students opinion on any of the points discussed throughout the course.
An excellent course for anyone with an interest in the topic, either from a personal or professional perspective. The course is taught by Kevin O'Doherty, Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness and CBT Therapist. Kevin has worked in mental health for over 20 years and has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience during that time. This course is also available via live streaming and face to face upon request. Individuals and organisations alike are encouraged to get in touch.
Who this course is for:
- People who work in mental health or social care services
- People with family members or friends with mental health issues
- People who themselves have mental health issues and want to understand better
- People undergoing counselor training
- People studying psychology
All of my online courses on Udemy are fully accredited by IAOTH, with certificates provided on completion. I also provide all of my courses via live streaming to groups and individuals.
I am a Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert, CBT Therapist and Author of several self help books. I also carry out Medico Legal Psychological Assessments for Law firms. I provide Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for clients based all over the world with the aid of Virtual Programme Software such as Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp and Doxy. I consult, advise and deliver training on all aspects of forensic mental health in the UK, Europe and USA on request.
I find my work as a Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness fascinating and I do hope that I present some of that fascination to the student during the course.
In addition to our Cgforensicmentalhealth website, we also have Calibre Gold website.