Mass Balance Basics
What you'll learn
- Learn basic concepts and definitions used in Chemical Engineering
- Get to know the basic Unit Operations in Engineering
- Understand the difference between open, closed and isolated systems
- The importance of Steady State and Transient State Processes
- Understand that the Mass Balance Equation is based in the conservation of mass principle
- Be able to Apply the Mass Balance Equation to Engineering Problems
- Solve Mass Balance Problems with 1, 2 or even more Unit Operations in the Process
- Solve Mass Balance Problems with and without Chemical Reactions
- Understand the importance of the use of Purge, Recycle and Bypasses in Engineering Applictions
- Know the basic concepts in Combustion
- Please check out my previous course: Mass Balance OVERVIEW
- You should know the basics of math and chemistry of a High School Study Program
Welcome to the Mass Balance Introductory Course!
I designed this course is for general engineering fields. Chemical and Process Engineers will find it very relevant for their study curriculum but even Mechanical or Industrial Engineers will find it very interesting!
By the end of this course you will learn:
- Basic concepts of Engineering and Chemical Processes
- Application of the Mass Balance Equation to many real life processes
- Non-Reactive Systems and Reactive Systems
- Equilibrium and Multiple Reactions
- Single-Unit or even Multiple-Units Mass Balances
- Special topics in engineering: Recycle, Purge Systems, Bypass and Combustion
By the end of the Course you will be able to:
- Solve Mass Balance Problems of many real-life Chemical Processes
The course is structured as follow:
- 12 Sections of Theory and Applied Examples (Video-Based!)
- 31 Mass Balance Solved Exercises (about 10-hour-video of explained problems content)
- 11 Quizes for Learning Review
- Support on the Discussion Board!
This is a very important Subject in Engineering and is the basis of further courses such as:
- Energy Balance and Thermodynamic
- Heat and Mass Transfer Operations and Unit Operations
- Reactor Engineering and Plant Design
I teach this course for about $800 per semester. You will get it as low as $49 for a LIFETIME!
Take the course and you will have a greater advantage than your classmates to get a better grade on your university courses!
The Course Curriculum may be seen below!
Who this course is for:
- Engineers of all areas will find it attractive, specially those in Plant Engineering
- Chemical Engineers, since it is the basic curriculum
- Process Engineers might find it helpful
- Biochemical Engineers, Industrial Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and even Petroleum Engineers
Hi there, I'm Emmanuel Ortega, aka Chemical Engineering Guy...
I've been in the Chemical Industry for about 3 years. I love applying all my knowledge learned in University to the Daily Engineering Life. From working in a Petrochemical Plant as a Process Plant Designer to working with textile material from Polyester Yarns; I could teach you a lot of how it is important to learn the Engineering subjects!
- Chemical Process Design
- Plant Design
- Heat Transfer Operations and Equipment Design
- Industrial Polyester Yarn
- Online Tutoring
Right now I'm preparing online material for Engineers all over the world. I have a dream in which online education will break all barriers and let Engineers all over the world learn easier and faster! Please join me in my quest!
The Courses I design are entirely dynamic. You will see theory and then apply it ASAP to a real life problem! I even use the books you are using right now in your engineering courses...
Hope to see you in any of the Courses I'm offering!