Introduction to Listening Skills.
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Listen actively, effectively and helpfully to others.
- Develop understanding of the use and purpose of basic listening skills.
- Grow in confidence as a helpful listener.
- Use skills in relationships with others, at work or to start a new career in counselling.
- A desire to listen helpfully to others.
- Access to the internet.
- Opportunities to practice listening and responding.
- The help of a supportive observer to give you feedback on skill development.
The course offers an insight into the basic listening skills involved in a helpful listening relationship. Audio lectures with Power point presentation videos and print outs are all used to aid your learning, but the most benefit will be gained by practice. Consisting of almost 2 hrs of lectures, you can learn the basic skills very quickly, or you can take your time to process the information, develop your understanding of the use and purpose of these skills in helpful listening situations and develop your confidence in utilising them in your everyday relationships with friends and family. You may take your new found learning into the workplace for use with colleagues and clients, or you may use the course as an introduction to professional counselling practice. There will be space for you to reflect on your learning throughout and towards the end of the course.
- Those who would like to develop their listening abilities and skills for further use with family and friends, at work or as an introduction to counselling.
Learn about the extent of confidentiality in helpful listening and about minimising the risks to yourself as a listener. Develop your understanding of how professional counsellors work with confidentiality and become more confident in managing the information that is shared with you.
Exploring the underlying qualities or conditions within the listener which are at the heart of a helpful listening relationship. The student will develop an understanding of those core conditions so that they can better develop them within themselves and offer them in listening situations.