What you'll learn
- After watching this course you will have a good understanding of the Linux operating system basics and fundamentals that will enable you to start your career.
- Install Linux CentOS 7
- The file system layout of Linux systems
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting files and directories.
- You will learn the most used Linux basic commands
- You will learn how to archive and compress files
- You will learn how to combine two or more commands using pipes
- You will learn how to redirect an output to a file
- Understand the essential Linux Commands
- Just A Computer
- A headphone
Testimonials from my students:
"The instructor did an excellent job of simply teaching practical navigation around the command line interface of Linux. I would absolutely recommend this as a foundational Linux class for absolute beginners. Too many courses go into every option of every command; most of which we do not ever use. This training simply directs you to use the specific commands. Like all language learning, you pick up the dry definitions info as real-world examples are executed, such that strong learner take-aways result." - Dana B. ( 5 Star Review )
"Excellent cover of all basic things with good examples and clear explanation." - piotr lejwoda ( 5 Star Review )
"This course was paced correctly for my level of experience - complete newbie to Linux and using a terminal window. Mohamed is clear speaking and to the point. Thanks!" - Martha C. ( 5 Star Review )
"perfect delivery for learning a new course. very easy to understand and follow." - Louis N. ( 5 Star Review )
"Very straightforward, clear and simple explanation with hands on examples to follow along; what I would have expected for a beginner's course." - Jacques J. ( 5 Star Review )
Enroll and join the other 55K+ students who have taken this course and began their journey !
What will this course teach me ?
This is a Linux introductory course which will present for you an explanation about the Linux OS in no time, how to install it on a virtual machine and work with it on your computer and a head start on it's command line basics.
The topics covered in this course are:
- What is Linux?
- Linux History
- What does Linux Distributions mean?
- Linux File System Hierarchy
- Install VirtualBox
- Install Linux
- Linux Basic commands
Who this course is for:
- This Course is an introdiction for newbies who are not familiar with Linux
- This Linux introduction is not for Intermediate nor Advanced linux users
- Those interested in gaining the fundamental knowledge necessary to work with Linux using the shell's command line
Hi there, I'm Torkey! I am a Udemy Instructor with over 100,000 students. I specialize in teaching students how to learn and implement what they have learned in real life scenarios.
I like to teach my students in an easy to follow and in an effective way to help them achieve their targets with ease. the way I teach is heavily based on my experience in the work environment and that's because I've worked for years
as a Linux System Engineer, SRE Engineer and DevOps Engineer across many companies like Accenture, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Bank Of Ireland.
I have experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Docker and kubernetes
If you like to learn things easily and efficiently, then I cannot wait to work with you and help you to achieve your goals!
I'm M Khalil, I am a DevOps Engineer with a passion for teaching. I started in the IT field by learning the Linux Operating System and I've been involved with Linux for many years. My first job was a Linux Administrator and I've moved all the way across several roles until I became a DevOps Engineer. I've helped hundreds of thousands of students learn Linux Administration and learn other IT topics.
I spend most of my time researching how to make learning Linux and other IT topics simple and make hard concepts easy to understand. I apply everything I discover into my courses. In my courses, you'll find lots of explanations and I always make sure everything is easy to understand.
I'll be there for you every step of the way to make sure you understand everything.