Mastering Java 8 Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- A sound foundational understanding of the main Java 8 concepts
- Understand how to use and apply lambda expressions and be able to write your own
- Be able to use and write functional interfaces and work with them in functional code
- Understand optionals and the optionals API for guarding against null pointer exceptions
- Understand the basics of streams and be able to process collections with them by forming a pipeline to map, filter and collect elements
- Have confidence to be able to read and understand modern functional code written using the Java 8 constructs
- Appreciate other aspects such as default and static methods, why they're introduced and how they work
- Intermediate level Java programming knowledge
Do you want to learn the fundamentals of the Java 8 programming platform? Would you like to be able to understand how to make use of the latest Java 8 functional programming features? Maybe you're on a new project which is based on Java 8 and you'd like a gentle introduction to how the Java 8 platform hangs together?
Then this course is for you!
I take you from knowing nothing about Java 8, assuming just an intermediate level knowledge of Java, and take you through each concept in the Java 8 platform, step by step, from first principles.
In this course you'll be introduced to and come to understand:
What's new in Java 8 (and why you should take notice!)
Lambda Expressions (what they are and how to use them)
Functional Interfaces (why they're important and what role they play)
Function Descriptors (a handy tool for understanding lambdas and functional interfaces)
Method References (the different types and how to use and apply them)
Default Methods (what they are, why they were introduced and where to use them)
Pipelines and Streams (understanding through example)
Optionals and the Optionals API (what they're for and how to use them)
This course is a concise, no-nonsense guide to Java 8 which explains just enough detail so that you can absorb and understand the core concepts and get you up and running, quickly and effectively with coding in Java 8.
I can't wait to teach you all about the exciting features of Java 8 inside! ;)
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to intermediate level Java developers who want to understand the Java 8 platform
Do you want to take your Java skills to the next level?
I started JavaEasily in 2018 so I could produce courses focused on teaching Java technology to students all around the world.
Since then I've been busy creating the Java Easily website and publishing courses and articles on different aspects of Java.
Feel free to check out the JavaEasily YouTube channel and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Here's to your success with Java! ;)
JavaEasily helps you become a better Java developer by teaching you the core skills you need to succeed in Java today.
We create courses for beginner and intermediate Java developers to help them deepen their knowledge and accelerate their developer career!