Introduction to Hospital Information Systems
What you'll learn
- Definition of a Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Criteria for selecting a Hospital Information System
- Functions of a Hospital Information System
- Departments that benefit from a Hospital Information System
- Examples of HIS providers in a developing country
- HIS reporting and Data Management
- Materials Management System
- In-Built Tally Interface
- No prerequisites
This course is designed to provide a short introduction on the basics of Hospital Information Systems (HIS). Here you will learn about the different solutions that play an important role in digitizing the healthcare industry. Examples on how HIS is applied in a developing country are also given. After this course, you will have a deeper appreciation of how important HIS is and how you can take advantage of its many versatile functions and applications, whether as a student of Healthcare Informatics or as a Healthcare Professional in your chosen field. What's more, you will earn a Certificate of Completion which can be used to augment your resume or curriculum vitae.
Increase your knowledge and skills - start learning today!
Who this course is for:
- Hospital Administrators
- Healthcare Providers
- Allied Health Professionals
- Students of Health Informatics
- Students of Information Systems
Professor Candelario is a Registered Medical Technologist with a Master's Degree in Medical Technology. She has more than 10 years of experience in both the clinical laboratory and academe. On Udemy, she writes and produces short courses on essential biomedical science and public health topics for fellow laboratory scientists and health care professionals. She is passionate about Health Promotion, Health Education, and Information Systems. Her current research focus is on empowerment, capacity building, training, and strengthening of community engagement efforts and health care systems in developing countries.