Introduction to Hiring and Recruiting Strategy
What you'll learn
- Understand how to scope a compelling and accurate job description
- Develop a strategy to source promising candidates
- Outline a screening and selection process to identify the right candidates
- Sell the right candidates on the job to successfully convince them to join your company
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to hire more effectively. There are no prerequisites.
Hiring is an opportunity to bring talented people to your organization who can help take your business to the next level. Yet, if you make the wrong hiring decisions you can end up having wasted time, money and energy.
In this course, you'll gain a consolidated overview of the the latest research and best practices in hiring--so that you can design the right process for your own company. You'll gain actionable insights from bestselling business books and learn from real case studies about how to recruit, screen, and hire the right people for your team.
The course will cover:
- 5 typical steps in a hiring process—scoping, sourcing, screening, selecting, and selling candidates on the position—and give you practical exercises to develop each of these steps for your own company.
- You’ll look specifically at how to identify the talent needs of your organization and then structure a job to meet these needs.
- You’ll develop a job description and corresponding scorecard to identify the kinds of traits and skills you need to recruit for
- You'll look specifically at how to identify the right recruitment channels to find candidates.
- You'll develop a screening process—including crafting powerful interview questions and creating trial tasks to test for the right abilities.
- And, finally, you'll learn how to make the job offer, and effectively bring someone on board.
By the end of this introductory course, you’ll have a solid understanding of best practices for hiring great people.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn strategies to successfully hire the best people
Amy Ahearn is an instructional designer who builds online, blended and in-person learning experiences. She holds a masters degree in Learning, Design and Technology from Stanford University.
Currently Amy is an Online Learning Manager at Acumen, a nonprofit venture capital fund where she synthesizes insights from across Acumen's investment portfolio to share more broadly with social entrepreneurs. She has also produced Udemy courses for +Acumen with business leaders and authors including Adam Grant, Seth Godin, Elizabeth Gilbert, Chris Anderson, Daniel Pink, Kim Scott, Dan Ariely, and Sheila Heen, among others.
Previously, Amy was an online education manager for the Stanford University School of Medicine and worked on education programs for the U.S. Department of State. She got her start in the education field by teaching English on a Fulbright grant to Malaysia.