Introduction to Geology & GIS
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Earth Science Basics.
- GIS basics and main applications.
- Explore Earth’s Internal Structure.
- Understand intrusive igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
- Understand the factors that lead to petroleum formation.
- Learn about minerals, their formation, and tools used in their identification.
- Complete a final GIS project on downloading, processing, analyzing and visualizing geospatial data.
- There are no pre-requisite or other course requirements.
This course has a Two-fold purpose: Create a course that can serve both to state the basics of geological knowledge and GIS data analysis. Both Geology and GIS are related and can help to complement each others understanding.
This course is a MUST for students majoring in Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering & Mining engineering. We cover subjects such as: Geologic time, Earth's structure, Mineral resources, Igneous rocks, sedimentary rocks, metamorphic rocks, earthquakes, hidrology, planetary geology PLUS a whole GIS basics section (Projection, Definitions, Data analysis)
To get started click the enroll button.
I hope to see you in the course very soon!
- Students majoring in Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering Paleontology, Mining
- Students that what to learn Earth Sciencies Basics
- Students that what to learn GIS Basics
- Professionals in various sectors including public health, water resources, urban planning, and others that deal with spatial data.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to access, process and analyze spatial data.