Introduction to Game Development with Unity
- have a windows computer, or MAC OS, or Linux
This course is the fastest way to get into making games. We will be using the Unity engine because it's powerful and free.
We'll start learning how to download and install Unity on your computer. Then we will get familiar with the user interface.
We will then go over building levels by adding 3d objects of all shapes, such as spheres, cubes and cylinders.
Then we'll go over the different lighting effects and cameras to make the game look fantastic.
Finally, we'll go over physics and materials to have the game behave like in the real world
Enough said, let's get started.
Important: This course is part of a the world's one and one series on Unity professional multiplayer games.
- tech students
- art students
- cool kids
- seasoned engineers who want to make games for fun or for profit
- Get to know your instructor02:11
- Download and install Unity03:57
- Unity new project interface04:23
- Open and close Unity projects and scenes03:27
- Essential interface windows and tabs10:26
- overview of the Game Tab06:38
- Object control panel06:27
- Manipulating the scene02:00
- Adding 2d game objects02:57
- Essential 3d game objects08:25
- Unity Lightings (part 1)06:00
- Unity Lightings (part 2)06:00
- Introduction to physics08:04
- Introduction to scripting and programming10:46
- Adding menus with Graphic User Interfaces (part 1)08:12
- Adding menus with Graphic User Interfaces (part 2)05:39
- Apply colors and materials on game objects07:20
- Where to go from here05:44
Yohann holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science from FIU University. He has been a College instructor for over 10 years, teaching iPhone Development, iOS 11, Apple Watch development, Swift 3, Unity 3D, Pixel Art, Photoshop for programmers, and Android. Yohann also has plenty of ideas which naturally turned him into an entrepreneur, where he owns over 100 mobile apps and games in both the Apple app store and the Android store.
Yohann is one of the leading experts in mobile game programming, app flipping and reskinning. His teaching style is unique, hands on and very detailed. Yohann has enabled more than 50000 students to publish their own apps and reach the top spots in iTunes App Stores, which has been picked up by blogs and medias like WIRED magazine, Yahoo News, and Forbes Online. Thanks to him, thousands of students now make a living using iOS 11, Swift 4, Objective C ( ObjC ), Machine Learning, Augmented Reality / VIrtual Reality, Android, Apple Watch ( watchOS ), Apple TV ( TVOS ), Unity 3D, and Pixel art animation