Introduction to Front-End Web Development with HTML5
What you'll learn
- 1. Create static HTML web pages and landing pages
- 2. Create complex HTML form
- 3. Make web pages to have responsive layouts
- 4. Understand the front-end workflow, programming principles and test-driven development practices
- 5. Learn the tricks of becoming a developer
- 6. Understand the importance of setting a web development environment
- 7. Include audio, images, and video to a web page
- 8. Use HTML5 lists to call attention to web content
- 9. Interconnect web resources with hyperlinks
- A computer and internet connection
Digital technology has changed the way we work, play, and communicate. In today’s world, digital skills are required to work in many organizations. Even traditional workplaces have evolved to start using one form of technology or the other. One of the ways that organizations remain competitive is to communicate with clients and customers using digital channels.
There is a high demand for an improved online experience. Businesses are responding to changing expectations, engaging with their customers, and building relationships through a diverse range of channels. The channels include the use of email, social media, mobile apps, website contents, and website chats. Front end web development is not only for people who want to work in the technology sector.
Other professionals, including journalists, lawyers, and medical professions, may have the need to understand how the web works. Online marketers and digital analysts who must work with web data may have the need to understand web page structures and how it affects the user.
This course is designed to enable the user to understand layout aesthetics for web pages, the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment.
You will learn to build REAL world creative and modern web pages from scratch using modern web technologies. The built-in case studies crafted from real-life work environments to equip you with the necessary skill.
What this course covers
1. Create static HTML pages
2. Create complex HTML form.
3. Learn the tricks of becoming a developer.
4. Understand the front-end workflow, programming principles, and test-driven development practices.
5. Understand the importance of setting a web development environment.
6. Structure web pages using HTML5 elements.
7. Include audio, images, and video to a web page.
8. Use HTML5 lists to call attention to web content.
9. Interconnect web resources with hyperlinks.
Entrepreneurs and hobbyists
Beginners with no prior experience.
Anyone that wants to learn front-end web development.
Module 1: Introduction to Front End Web Development with HTML5
1.1 Why you need a front-end web development career
1.2 Structure of the course
1.3 How the internet changed society
1.4 How the internet changed communication
1.5 The web as a communication tool for the internet
1.6 Tools of front-end web development
Module 2: Setting Up Front-End Developer Environment.
2.1 What front end developers do at work
2.2 Web design vs web development
2.3 Front end vs backend
2.4 Text editors for coding
Module 3: The Development environment
3.1 Setting a development environment
3.2 What is a browser?
3.3 Importance of browser in web development
3.4 The browser as a development environment
Module 4: Introduction to HTML.
4.1 Basic HTML
4.2 Basic HTML web page
4.3 View web page in a browser
4.4 How to structure a HTML5 page - 1
4.5 How to structure a HTML5 page - 2
4.6 How to structure a HTML5 page - 3
4.7 Add image to a HTML5 web page
4.8 Add audio to a HTML5 web page
4.9 HTML5 Form
4.10 HTML5 Hyperlinks
4.11 Edit web page with google Chrome browser
4.12 HTML5 Lists
4.13 HTML Table
4.14 Impact of web page structure on usability
4.15 HTML5 Resources
Who this course is for:
- Web Designers
- Aspiring Developers
- Entrepreneurs and hobbyists
- Career changers
- Beginners with no prior experience
- Anyone that wants to learn front-end web development
- Web enthusiasts
Joy is a multifaceted trainer and instructional designer in software and application development, data analytics, and systems analysis with in-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models to enhance learning. She has designed and facilitated several trainings in the academic and private sectors. With her advanced web development skills, she created this training to enable learners to jumpstart web development career.