Introduction to Forgiveness Discipleship
- The student should have a desire to forgive and retain an open mind to Scriptural truths on forgiveness. The non-religious people could also gain from the principles applied in this course.
This course focusses on the introduction to the Benefits of Forgiveness. You will learn the Hebrew definition of forgiveness. You will learn one of the many major benefits of forgiveness, and you will learn firsthand the testimony of the author about forgiving the young drunk man who killed her entire family and how she forgave by the grace of God.
- At the end of this course, the student will grasp the principles of forgiveness. • He will be armed with the motivation to forgive. • He will learn, the hindrance to forgiveness, the objective sign of forgiveness. • He will also learn of the forgiveness of God through Jesus Christ. • As a foundation course, this course takes a look at various facets of forgiveness. • The mission is to enable the student to forgive the offender in practical ways.
- Introduction to Forgiveness Discipleship02:02
- Testimony of Forgiveness17:37
- Hebtew Definitions of Forgiveness20:28
- Forgiveness Frees Us From the Inner Pain14:27
- More Benefits of Forgiveness09:37
- Forgiveness Frees Us From Victim Mentality19:44
- Offense and Pain1 question
- Telling the Grievance stories1 question
- 1. Definitions of forgiveness:1 question
For the past 18 years, Dr. Tai Ikomi has been sharing her testimony of how she forgave the drunk who killed her husband and three children on an interstate highway Platte city, in Missouri. She travels all over the world sharing the grace of God on her shattered emotions over her tremendous loss and the power to forgive the drunk. Three years after her loss, she published her best seller and first book, His Beauty For My Ashes, an account of how the grace of God healed her wounded spirit and gave her a new lease in life. The book has become a classic book to help people who lose their loved ones.
After years of sharing her testimony of forgiveness, she released her first book on Forgiveness in 1998, titled, The Virtue of Forgiveness. In 2009, she released another book on the same subject, titled, Effective Forgiveness. The book takes a practical at forgiveness and how to weave it into daily living with practical insights and suggestions from Scriptures. A great reading.
Dr. Ikomi holds a B.A. degree in French from Universite du Benin, Lome Togo in 1976 an M.A. degree in Theology from Oral Roberts University in 1991. She also holds a doctorate degree in Theology. She has written over 30 books covering various issues of victorious Christian living.
Dr. Ikomi speaks in conferences, churches, universities on Effective Forgiveness and other practical issues of the Christian life. She presents the God, who is not only about to comfort us in our affliction but who also can turn any situation around.