Introduction to Forensic Medicine
What you'll learn
- Define forensic medicine and pathology
- Describe scope of practice and roles of forensic pathologist in death investigations
- Describe types of forensic doctors and practice's system worldwide
- Differentiate between forensic medicine and forensic sciences
- Describe medical and scientific principles related to forensics
- Describe the tasks and roles of forensic pathologist
- Illustrate importance of death certificate
- Recognize misconceptions in forensics
- Define autopsy and the purpose of autopsy
- Describe type of cases are seen by forensic doctor
- No previous knowledge is required.
- Technical requirement; Internet, headphones and PDF reader.
This short course is introduction to Forensic Medicine. This course is based on college level course, aimed all interested students who study or work in related field or just interested students. I will explain the scientific aspects and principles of Forensic Medicine in a scientific way, a way from media misconceptions about forensics.
Who this course is for:
- Any one who is interested and curious about sciences and forensics
- Police officers and investigators
- Scientists and science students
- Forensic Scientists and forensic sciences students
- Doctors, dentists, nurses, allied medical health practitioners
- Medical, nursing and allied medical health students
- Lawyer and law students
I am Dr. Mohammed Madadin, forensic medicine consultant and associate professor. I have many years experience in the field. I work as forensic physician and academician at medical school. I am interested in education, teaching and research in forensic medicine and medical education. I like to travel, discover cultures and enjoy the life!