Introduction to Fingerstyle Guitar
- You should have a guitar!
- You should have fingers ;)
What's included in the course?
- 30 minutes of video content. This course is purposely direct and to the point. You'll learn everything you need, without wasting time on boring, drawn out content. It shouldn't take years to learn fingerpicked guitar.
- Individual, priority support. Have a question? No worries, I'm always here to help you with any issues you have along the way!
- A great system on udemy for keeping track of which videos you've been through, regardless of which device you're on
Priority Support At No Extra Charge
If you have any issues at all during the course, I'm always ready and available to answer any questions you have.
I know that people struggle with fingerstyle guitar, and I can help you get through your problems hassle free. I love being able to directly help students, so I'm always happy when my students send me questions!
This course is NOT a magic wand, but it IS a targeted missile
Will this course give you instant guitar god superpowers? Of course not. Like any skill, it takes practice.
But what this course will do for you is set you on the absolute most direct path to being able to play fingerstyle guitar well with as little time and effort as possible. You'll still have to practice, but everything you do practice will be incredibly useful, and get you much farther than you thought you'd be, in much less time.
So give the course a try, and I guarantee you'll be fingerpicking in no time at all :)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has never picked up a guitar before
- Anyone who has started guitar before, but never stuck with it
- Anyone who wants a simple, step by step guide from the very beginning, to being able to play fingerstyle guitar
- Anyone who wants to learn fingerpicking quickly, and impress people with their skills
My name is Kurt, and I teach people to play guitar. Here's a little bit about my journey:
For some reason, by the time I was 5, I already knew I wanted to rock. It might have been that my dad played classic rock on the radio 24/7 for my entire childhood...who knows?
In any case, 5 year old me knew that guitar was my calling. The music studio near me told us that guitar is tough for really young kids though, so I waited not-so-patiently and finally had my first lesson the week I turned 10 - and I haven't looked back since.
I took lessons in theory and playing for 8 years, and ended up teaching at that same studio. I left to get my mechanical engineering degree, but I kept teaching on the side to help pay for school. I performed wherever I could, and played in several bands over the years. I still play guitar daily, and still love it over a decade later! Teaching guitar is my full time gig these days.
Over time, I created the method that I teach in my course. So many people start guitar and then quit. I quickly realized that the problem is not that guitar is too hard, it's just that the traditional methods of teaching it really suck. My goal is to get every student who takes my course to love the guitar, and come out confident and ready to play anything - without spending ages on boring scales, songs, and useless information.