Introduction to Family History Research
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 15 articles
- 28 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- appreciate why you are researching your family tree
- understand the starting point for your research
- realise the importance of record keeping
- identify databases available for identifying potential ancestors, and how to use these effectively
- distinguish the vital records available to help identify your ancestors
- list 'what to do' and 'what not to do' in your family history research
- regular monthly updates through educational announcements
- Prior knowledge of family history research is NOT required.
- An interest in your ancestors, their stories and family history research.
- You may have started your research and got stuck, or be unsure how to proceed. This knowledge of what you need to learn or what you don't know is useful, but not essential.
- An interest in English or Welsh Family History Records. However the techniques taught in this course will be useful for any family history research, even if you don't have English or Welsh ancestors. Regular monthly updates through educational announcements cover worldwide records
This genealogy (family history) course covers tried and tested techniques that are proven to work for finding your ancestors; your genealogy. Regular, monthly updates emailed to students.
Based on English and Welsh records (parish registers and birth, marriage and death) the techniques covered within are applicable to family history research in any country. Monthly updates cover worldwide research.
This course includes video, slides, articles, top tips, exercises, handouts, templates, downloadable resources and further homework should you choose to undertake this. The course is structured into 7 sections: Start Here, Why Research Family History, How to Start, Recording Your Research, Databases and Indexes, Vital Records and a Summary. This course will take between 2 and 2.5 hours to thoroughly complete.
If you are thinking of starting research into your family history, or have just started this is the course for you. Delivered by an experienced, qualified and professional genealogist and trainer, Robert Parker will share his secrets for finding your ancestors.
What stories might your ancestors tell?
- Those interested in their ancestors and their family history.
- Those just starting their family history research.
- Those who have just started their family history research
- Those who wish to refresh their skills.
- This course is probably NOT suitable for professional genealogists (Family historians) as it is an introduction course
Check out your tutors experience, knowledge and qualifications and know you are in safe hands.
Identify what helped you decide to research your family tree and why?