Introduction to Entity Framework Core 6
What you'll learn
- You are going to be able to develop .NET apps that use Entity Framework Core
- Read, update, insert and delete data using Entity Framework Core
- Create databases from C# code
- Model relationships using conventions, data annotations and the fluent API
- Do automatic tests that involves Entity Framework Core
- Use the latest features of Entity Framework Core
- Basic C# level. Know how to work with variables, functions, classes and LINQ
- Not much T-SQL knowledge is needed, though it helps to know basic concepts, like databases and tables
In this course you will learn how to use Entity Framework Core 6 to talk to a database from C# code.
- We will learn to create databases from our C# code using the code-first technique.
- We will make a brief comparison with Dapper, to see what is the difference between each of these tools.
- We will see how to read, update, delete, and create data using Entity Framework Core.
- We will learn to work with relationships between our tables: One-to-many relationships, one-to-one relationships, and many-to-many relationships.
- We will use the Fluent API to configure the schema of our database.
- We will see how to use automatic tests in our Entity Framework Core projects.
- We will learn about the new features that Entity Framework Core 6 brings us.
- We will use functions such as Sum, Average and GroupBy, to perform operations on different records of a table.
- We will see how to execute stored procedures using Entity Framework Core.
- We will load the related data of our entities in different ways, using eager loading, explicit loading, select loading and lazy loading.
- We will learn that with deferred execution we can use interesting techniques to make our code more flexible and reusable.
- We will see techniques on how to correctly configure Entity Framework Core in ASP.NET Core, for example, we will see when we should use a pool to recycle the DbContext.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner or advanced .NET developer who wants to learn Entity Framework Core from scratch
- Beginner or advanced .NET developer who wants to stay up to date with Entity Framework Core features