Ecotherapeutic Guide Certificate
What you'll learn
- What is ecotherapy?
- Why does ecotherapy matter now more than ever?
- Learn how to do ecotherapy (instead of just learning the theory) with a few simple, repeatable practices
- Apply ecotherapeutic practices to think differently about your area of expertise
- Learn a simple five step ecotherapy model to achieve your goals, gain knowledge and wellbeing learning from nature
- Love nature and want to learn how to bring more nature connection into your work and personal life
Introduction to Ecotherapy
Would you describe yourself as a person who
Loves nature and want to spend more time outdoors and connecting to the non-human world,
Appreciates the healing and restorative power of being outdoors and want to find opportunities bring nature into your work and life,
Is exploring how to incorporate nature-based therapies, coaching or counselling to enhance your offerings to clients and patients, or
Have an interest in ecotherapy but do not know where to start?
Did you know that ecotherapy (also called nature-based therapy or green therapy) and nature-based personal development activities are growing in popularity?
The majority of people spend 80% of their time indoors (and Vit-D deficiency is a big health issue around the world)
People all over the world have a renewed interest nature-based personal growth and leadership training
Why I made this course
Starting off in nature-based therapy can be intimidating. It's hard to know where to start and most people think you need to go on long hikes or know the names of trees or be an expert in psychology or ecology.
In this course I will show you that its much easier to start than you think, and teach how you can bring ecotherapeutic activities into your work, home and communities.
I invite you to become an Ecotherapeutic Guide
This online, self-paced positive eco-psychotherapy course shows you how to connect nature-based activities with personal growth, learning and wellbeing goals.
The purpose of the program is to develop you own experiential understanding of positive ecotherapy, and articulate it in your own words based on personal insights and engagement with nature during the learning journey.
The program content integrates easily into daily life, including work, home and community - against the busy lifestyles and backdrop of remote work and studying.
This experiential program teaches simple nature-relatedness skills, using indoors and outdoors activities to bring more nature-connected ways of thinking, relating and doing into people's lives.
What you are going to learn
What ecotherapy is
Why ecotherapy is becoming more popular
The importance of biophilia (love for connecting to nature) for human wellbeing
How to do ecotherapy (instead of just theory)
A repeatable and scaleable ecotherapeutic model, practice and tools
Three cognitive skills to support attention restoration, gain more clarity, improve decision making and enhance creativity
How to achieve goals and realize your potential learning from nature
Benefits of completing this Introduction to Ecotherapy course
Immersing yourself in the indoors and outdoors course activities will promote subjective, personal wellbeing and nature intelligence;
Builds confidence by following a simple, structured process, practices, tools and content to guide others in how to integrate and cultivate personal and cultural transformations with nature as mentor;
Restorative (including identity restoration, attention restoration, mood restoration and relationship restoration);
A fun way for people to get together again (online and offline);
Promotion of positive emotions;
Building trust and hope;
Helps to protect and restore your inner and outer life from machine influence and marketing;
Supports your future fit career development: help yourself and support your team and clients; and
Fosters cultivating high performance cognitive skills of focused concentration, intentional mind-wandering and soft fascination.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive an Ecotherapeutic Guide certification issued by Udemy. To receive the formal EcoNova Positive Ecotherapeutic Guide Certificate, you will need to complete a few additional steps which I will describe in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Sustainability Professionals curious about creating a regenerative business enterprise and culture (green creative entrepreneurs)
- Health care professionals who are looking for creative new therapies to compliment their current practice
- Human Resources experts exploring nature based employee and organizational resilience and wellbeing innovations
- Leadership and organizational development experts who want to incorporate nature positive interventions in their work
- Business Executive and Life Coaches who want to incorporate nature positive pathways and tools for their clients
- Business professionals who want to manage stress, anxiety, moral distress and work burnout
- Innovators who want to create nature-connected products and services (including new technologies)
- People who are looking for psycho-integration of rapid changes, including mystical experiences
- Community organizers and leader who want to create nature positive programs for their members
- Anyone who wants a structured process to support digital wellbeing
- Change management consultants who are looking for ways to support leaders and employees with rapid changes and change fatigue
- Green Economy Entrepreneurs who are looking for nature based leadership and people development models and tools to support their green culture
I am an African born, Canadian award-winning innovation, strategy and leadership professional with more than 20 years of executive and senior leaders level consulting in new models of leadership, strategic transformation and organizational development.
My specialty is design thinking, applied positive psychology, ecopsychology and philosophy as therapy.
I started my career as a South African Chartered Accountant, and hold a Masters degree (cum laude) in Personal, Interpersonal and Professional Leadership development.
I am the founder of EcoNova Leaders.
For the past ten years I have trained with global teachers in strengths-based therapy and nature-based therapies as well as creativity and somatic coaching.
My purpose is to make nature positive leadership accessible to as many people possible.
Awards and Accomplishments
* Ranked Thomson Reuters Top 40 Social Influencers in Finance, Innovation and Risk, 2017.
* Accepted and successfully completed 2nd Cohort of the Transformative Tech Academy, 2019.
* Founder of the BC Blockchain Forum established to strategically build blockchain ecosystem in BC - membership of over 1,100.
* Designer and project lead: Vancouver Hackathon with Blockchain: Decentralized Financial Wellbeing for income constrained households.
* Lead consultant and designer: Deloitte Young Professional's Personal Leadership Program, 2013 culminating in the Vancouver consulting practice winning the International Coach Federation Vancouver Prism Award that year.
* 2012: selected as finalist for Innovator Idol, Ontario Centres of Excellence
* Designed Masters degree in Leadership by Design (Da Vinci Institute for Technology)