Introduction to Eating Disorders (Fully Accredited)
What you'll learn
- What are eating disorders?
- the different types of eating disorder
- how are eating disorders diagnosed?
- the pros and cons of diagnosis
- anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder
- treatments and interventions, myths and stereotypes,
- signs and symptoms, environmental signs
- Accessing help and support, helping organisations.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course. All you need to have is an interest and or a need to learn more about eating disorders.
This course is fully accredited by IAOTH (International Association of Therapists) and a certificate is provided upon completion. This is a comprehensive introduction to eating disorders, that focuses in Anorexia Nervosa, Binge Eating and Bulimia Nervosa. The course is suitable for professionals who may come into contact with client's who have been diagnosed with an eating disorder. The course is also suitable for families, friends and carers of a person with an eating disorder.
We look at a whole range of topics including what is an eating disorder?, signs and symptoms, epidemiology, risk assessment, pros and cons of diagnosis, treatments and interventions, evidence based approaches, myths and stereotypes.
The style of teaching is relaxed, informal and professional and throughout the course, students are encouraged to think through issues covered and to discuss with friends, colleagues or associates. Students are also encouraged to get in touch with the lecturer with any questions or queries they may have. The lecturer also welcomes students opinion on any of the points discussed throughout the course.
An excellent course for anyone with an interest in the topic, either from a personal or professional perspective. The course is taught by Kevin O'Doherty, Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness and CBT Therapist. Kevin has worked in mental health for over 20 years and has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience during that time. This course is also available via live streaming and face to face upon request. Individuals and organisations alike are encouraged to get in touch.
Who this course is for:
- People who prehaps work with clients who have eating disorder. People with a family member or frind with an eating disorder and would like to understand the condition better and how to support the person more effectively.
All of my online courses on Udemy are fully accredited by IAOTH, with certificates provided on completion. I also provide all of my courses via live streaming to groups and individuals.
I am a Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert, CBT Therapist and Author of several self help books. I also carry out Medico Legal Psychological Assessments for Law firms. I provide Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for clients based all over the world with the aid of Virtual Programme Software such as Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp and Doxy. I consult, advise and deliver training on all aspects of forensic mental health in the UK, Europe and USA on request.
I find my work as a Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness fascinating and I do hope that I present some of that fascination to the student during the course.
In addition to our Cgforensicmentalhealth website, we also have Calibre Gold website.