Digital Painting in Photoshop : A Beginner's Guide
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn how to use the tools within Photoshop to create digital paintings efficiently and effectively.
- You will learn how to adjust brush settings so that you can draw and paint more effectively within Photoshop.
- You will learn popular shortcut commands to improve your speed when working inside of Photoshop.
- You will learn how to properly use layers and groups to create dynamic pieces of digital art with ease.
- You will be able to navigate through Photoshop and get to the tools you need with more precision.
- You will need Photoshop to follow along with this course.
- You will need a tablet of some kind to explore most of these features.
Welcome to my course, "Digital Painting in Photoshop - A Beginner's Guide."
This course is designed to help you feel comfortable with painting inside of Photoshop. The lessons here are taught in an easy to understand way. You will learn how to use the basic tools that you need to get up and running with your own digital painting process very quickly. Photoshop has some extremely advanced capabilities but to utilize them, you must first master the fundamentals. That is exactly what this course is created for.
Section 1 - The Introduction Video to this Course.
Section 2 - You will learn the interface of Photoshop and how to navigate through it efficiently. You will learn many short cut commands as well as how the tools can be used from the perspective of an artist. We will cover the main tools for digital painting such as layers and groups, blending modes, brush settings, file sizes, selection tools, quick mask, rulers and guides, dodge and burn tool, color balance, transform tool, hue/saturation, and the smudge tool.
Section 3 - In this course project you will work along side me in REAL-TIME as we create this space scene. This way you can implement all of the tools we have studied and learn how effective they can be. You will learn how to build up on the paint work to create depth. You will learn how to apply texture with basic brush settings. You will also learn how to study from reference and create your own painting. That way you are learning from the world around you while using your own artistic abilities to create the work.
You will get a copy of the Layered Art File as well as my custom brush pack along with this course. ( Over 50 Custom Brushes! )
I am here if you have any questions about this course. Feel free to contact me and let me know if you would like me to add any additional lessons. It is my goal to make this course an amazing experience for all of my students. It is my absolute honor to be your instructor and good luck with your studies!
In this course, you also have a Q+A Section where we will cover your questions. I will respond back to any of your valuable requests by adding new video in the Q+A. This will give you a more interactive learning experience with this course!
Robert A. Marzullo
Ram Studios Comics
- Artists that would like to create drawings and paintings within Photoshop.
- Anyone that wants to explore many of the dynamic tools for creative design within this program.
- Beginners that are interested in learning how to create digital art.
In this lesson, you will learn what some of the major impacts are to file sizes and how to control your documents for improve speed.
In this lesson, you will learn how to move through your canvas. You will learn short cuts to move, rotate, and zoom.
In this lesson, you will learn how to access and use the selection tools within Photoshop.