Introduction to digital landscape drawing
- Some ability to draw on a tablet
- Free Paintology app from the Google play store
- Have a very basic understanding of tones and values
- Can do on a phone but ideally a tablet of 8" and bigger to appreciate this lesson
Many people are fond of landscapes and it has been a firm favorite of the great masters who often painted this subject frequently. In this exercise I show you how easily you can produce a complete landscape painting with only your digital tablet. No need for messy brushes and setup, just your tablet, a stylus and a good dose of enthusiasm!
There are elements to landscape painting that make a good painting such as understanding tones and the warm and cool colors required to create a sense of perspective and distance. I try to explain this in the videos as you try to draw along with me.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners/Intermediate/Advanced interested in digital drawing
- Students who want to understand the nuances of landscape drawings
- Digital artists interested in drawing nature
- Students keen to make progress quickly
- Wants to learn a creative skill in the shortest time possible
- Artists making the transition from traditional to digital
- People who appreciate the beauties of nature
- 00:29Drawing the Landscape
I come from a very technical background but like many folks, I am very passionate about drawing and painting. In the recent years I have rekindled some of the lost interest in drawing when I was young.
I have done extensive drawings using pastels, pencils, acrylics and watercolors. My new found love is digital drawing and how versatile this medium truly is.
I hope to express and share my passion through these tutorials.