Introduction to Design Sketching
What you'll learn
- How to use Design Sketching to draw objects from your imagination
- How to draw objects in perspective
- Advanced techniques like how to mirror or repeat features in your drawings
- How to draw straight lines, freehand!
- A pen and paper!
Do you want to get ideas out of your head and onto the page? Do you want to be able to explore shapes or concepts quickly and clearly? Do you want to learn a professional skill set used by Industrial Designers every day?
Then you've come to the right place!
Drawing is a learned skill -- that means anyone can learn it, and I'll show you how.
In this class, we start from zero -- no previous experience required. We'll go over the basics and work our way up to complex shapes.
Along the way you'll be given tons of exercises designed to build muscle memory, train technique, and increase your comfort level.
Let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- Industrial Design Students
- Engineers, architects, concept artists, or other creatives looking to add to their toolbox
- Anyone who wants to learn how to draw from their imagination
I'm an industrial designer who's been working in the field full-time since 2011. I've tackled projects for big corporate clients, small startups, individual inventors, and I've even launched a few products of my own. In 2019 I started Houndsong Games, creating gaming and entertainment content for our own in-house franchises and helping out other indie studios.
I have extensive experience in both the 2D and 3D design tools, and have been an instructor online and in University courses. I just finished teaching a semester of Procreate, Rhino 3D, and Adobe Illustrator for Iowa State University's design program, and am eager to create more courses.