Introduction to Databases and SQL Querying
- There is absolutely no pre-requisites for the course. We will walk through very basic installation to setting up your environment to creating your first table and writing queries against it. All videos are recorded in Windows OS. You can however follow this course on MAC/Linux, if you have a Win VM setup
This is an introductory course on Databases and SQL Querying. There are no pre-requisities for this course. If you are looking to get acquainted with the concept of Databases and Queries for maybe your next interview as an analyst, this is the right course for you. All you need is a windows machine and we will walk through step by step, right from setting up your environment to creating your first table to writing your first query. This course is structured in a way that you can follow along with me. At the end of this course, you should be comfortable writing simple queries including queries related to Dates, String manipulation, Aggregation etc.
- This course is for beginners with absolutely no experience is database. The course will make you familiar with SQL Syntax and introduce you to the concept of databases. No Prior Programming experience is required. This course is probably not for you if you're looking to learn more advanced and complex queries
- Lecture 1: Introduction to Databases
- Installing / Setting up Environment / SQL Management Studio
- Creating your First SQL Table
- Installing Sample Database (Adventure Works) and Querying
- Lets Start Writing some SQL code
- Deep Dive into SQL Querying
- SQL Joins (1/2)
- SQL Joins (2/2)
- TSQL Date Functions
- TSQL Aggregation and String Functions
- Lecture 11: Conclusion
I am a coder, manager, educator and a gamer. I love data and analytics. In my day job, I work with database technologies including SQL , Big Data and Tableau. I am passionate about technologies and love coding and managing teams. In my spare time I like to teach Big Data analytics, Databases, Programming etc. I am currently working on certain machine learning and Data Science projects and love to explore more in the Statistics field.