Introduction to Corporate Finance (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- A basic understanding of finance
- A basic understanding of accounting
Interested in a career in corporate finance? Looking to move up the ladder at your current job?
This introduction to corporate finance course will give an overview of all the key concepts you need for a high powered career in investment banking, equity research, private equity, corporate development, financial planning & analysis (FP&A), treasury, and much more.
Our Corporate Finance 101 Course will teach you:
- Who the key players in the capital markets are,
- What the capital raising process looks like,
- The main business valuation techniques,
- Types of valuation multiples,
- How to structure a deal,
- How to finance an acquisition,
- Types of debt securities,
- Types of equity securities,
- And an overview of career paths as well as how to prepare for interviews.
Who this course is for:
- University students studying finance or accounting
- Professionals looking to move into corporate finance
- Finance professionals looking for a refresher
- Anyone who wants to learn about corporate finance
Scott Powell is Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer of the Corporate Finance Institute® (CFI).
Now based in Vancouver, Scott spent a significant portion of his career in London, New York and Hong Kong. Scott has a passion for teaching with over 25 years of experience designing and delivering customized learning solutions for firms in the financial services industry including JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, and HSBC, to name but a few.
Founded in 2016, CFI is the largest and most recognized finance training, certification, and skill development platform in the world. Powered by leading instructors, innovative curriculum designers, and proprietary technology, CFI provides the leading resource for finance professionals globally, including productivity tools, certification, and online training for financial modeling, valuation, lending, securities, capital markets, data science, business intelligence, cryptocurrencies, and more.