Introduction to Corporate Finance (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- A basic understanding of finance
- A basic understanding of accounting
Interested in a career in corporate finance? Looking to move up the ladder at your current job?
This introduction to corporate finance course will give an overview of all the key concepts you need for a high powered career in investment banking, equity research, private equity, corporate development, financial planning & analysis (FP&A), treasury, and much more.
Our Corporate Finance 101 Course will teach you:
- Who the key players in the capital markets are,
- What the capital raising process looks like,
- The main business valuation techniques,
- Types of valuation multiples,
- How to structure a deal,
- How to finance an acquisition,
- Types of debt securities,
- Types of equity securities,
- And an overview of career paths as well as how to prepare for interviews.
Who this course is for:
- University students studying finance or accounting
- Professionals looking to move into corporate finance
- Finance professionals looking for a refresher
- Anyone who wants to learn about corporate finance
- 00:53CFI Intro video
- 02:08Introduction and instructor biography
- 02:19Session objectives
- 03:25Key players in the capital markets
- 03:55Business and funding lifecycles
- 02:56Capital raising overview
- 06:57Capital raising process
Tim is CEO of the Corporate Finance Institute® (CFI).
Corporate Finance Institute® (CFI) is a leading financial analyst certification company that provides career-focused financial modeling training. CFI’s courses have been delivered to tens of thousands of individuals at the top universities, investment banks, accounting firms and operating companies in the world. CFI is the official provider of the Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA)™ designation.
Tim has over 12 years of experience in capital markets across a wide range of transactions including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and capital raising totaling more than $3 billion.
His professional experience includes investment banking, investment management, corporate development, strategy and corporate finance.