Introduction to Cooling Towers (HVAC)
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn about cooling tower theory.
- Identify all the components of a cooling tower.
- Know the purpose of each cooling tower component.
- Know how cooling towers work.
- Identify and know the types and designs of cooling towers just by looking at them.
- Identify common cooling tower problems.
- Know how to solve common cooling tower problems.
- And much much more!
- A desire to learn.
- Some engineering knowledge is beneficial, but lessons are explained in depth to allow students to build their knowledge from the ground up.
- Experience in an engineering field such as oil and gas, chemical engineering, power engineering, mechanical engineering etc. would be advantageous, but it is not required.
Cooling towers are a common site at many industrial plants, commercial buildings and public buildings. Skyscrapers, hospitals, office buildings, power stations, oil and gas plants, refineries, all need cooling towers. Irrespective of what engineering industry you work in, knowing a bit about cooling towers will always serve you well.
In this course, you will learn:
Cooling tower theory (sensible and latent heat etc.).
Common cooling tower nomenclature, components and terminology.
Common types of cooling tower (natural, forced and induced).
Common cooling tower designs (wet, dry, cross-flow, counter-flow, mechanical, natural, direct, indirect).
How cooling towers work (evaporative cooling etc.).
Common cooling tower and HVAC fan designs (axial, cross-flow, centrifugal etc.).
Water properties and their importance (pH, temperature etc.).
Common cooling tower concerns and problems (corrosion, scale, bacterial growth etc.).
Common methods used to address these concerns and problems (chemical treatment etc.).
Cooling tower protection (vibration, earthquake etc.).
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning cooling tower knowledge. Even if you already have some background engineering knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher. Whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (HVAC, power engineering, oil and gas, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering etc.), we can guarantee you will have never taken an engineering course like this one (unless you have taken one of our other courses...).
Why this course?
Because saVRee and saVRee lite have trained over 5,000 students on Udemy with an average paid course rating of 4.7/5.0!
Interactive 3D models are used to show you each individual cooling tower component and several different cooling tower designs. We strongly recommend you checkout the free preview videos before signing-up because we know you won't be disappointed!
The course is packed with 2D images and high quality written content.
Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
Don't waste more time reading this course description, check-out the free preview videos and the curriculum, then make an informed decision.
All purchases come with a 30 day -no questions asked- money back guarantee.
Hope to see you on the course!
- This course would benefit anyone who wishes to know how cooling towers work.
- Particular benefit is for anyone working or training in a mechanical engineering related industry (oil and gas, chemical engineering, power engineering, HVAC, industrial engineering etc.).