Next Level API Testing: Contract testing for Microservices
What you'll learn
- Understand API Contract Testing when testing microservices
- Consumer Driven Contract Test using pact-js
- Provider Contract Test using PactNet
- Setup Pact Broker using Docker
- Contract Testing in Continuous Integration with Github Actions
- Publish Pact Contracts with Postman
- Faster feedback from Contract Tests than Integration Tests
- Basic knowledge of Docker (docker-compose)
Want to take your API tests to the next level? Want to deploy apps with more confidence and move to continuous deployment? Then you are in the right place, contract testing is for you. Working in a microservices architecture? Tired of problems in your integration environments, the long process of waiting for API changes to be deployed to integration for testing.
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Are your API integration tests slow and provide feedback too late causing delays to your release?
2. Do your integration tests fail due to environment and data issues?
3. Does changes to other teams API service cause your tests to fail?
Learn how to write a full End to End API Contract Test with Pact and setup the Pact Broker in Docker!
Things you will learn:
Consumer contract testing using Pact-JS
Provider contract testing using PactNet
Pact Broker Setup with Docker
Publish Pact Contracts using Postman and Pact-JS
Can I Deploy using Pact Broker Client
Introduce contract testing to your test suite, for these benefits and much more:
Open communication between microservices
Less integration issues
Versioning made easy
Curated and Directed by Course Instructor from Test Automation University fame.
Checkout Pactflow for all your contract hosting needs. Really great tool with a great community and service.
Who this course is for:
- API developers
- Software tester who wants faster feedback
- Software testers
- Solution Architects
- Front-end developers using APIs
I'm an experienced QA Lead. Working in UI, API, Contract and Unit Testing using frameworks such as Cypress, NUnit, RestSharp, Supertest, Pact and Jest.
Working closely with QA's and Developers at Cera Care I am teaching coding fundamentals, modern test principles and building out the testing capability working towards Continuous Deployment.
Course Instructor on Test Automation University