Introduction to Construction Management
What you'll learn
- Understand the construction management and the role it plays in our soceities
- Identify and understand the role of each party involved in the delivery of construction projects
- Understand the lifecycle of a construction project
- Understand what general contractors do and how they are structured
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Construction Manager
Construction projects are big, messy, and complex. They are notorious for running over budget and behind schedule. Construction managers have challenging roles. They need to lead a broad group of people to deliver a project successfully. In our Introduction to Construction Management course, we’ll take a look at this exciting industry and challenging role. By the end of this short and practical online course designed to target junior engineers working for general contractors, you will have a thorough understanding of:
Construction Management including its definition and importance
The parties involved in a construction project
The lifecycle of a construction project
And the role of the Construction Manager.
As you go through the course, there will be practice activities, quizzes, lectures, and case studies to reinforce your learning. Our goal is to teach you the construction management fundamentals and better equip you with the skills necessary to successfully deliver these complex projects.
Who this course is designed for?
This course is designed for new entrants to the industry looking to get a broad overview of how things are done and the role of the construction manager. If you already have some experience in construction management, the concepts covered in this course may be too basic for you.
Who this course is for:
- Junior construction engineers
- Individuals wishing to work in the construction sector
- Construction Management Students
Hi, my name's Tim. I'm an electrical engineer who has worked on major infrastructure projects for a number of years for large construction companies. I've also completed a diploma in project management.
I'm developing simple, quick, and easy courses on fundamental engineering skills for junior engineers working in the infrastructure market. The purpose of these courses is to supplement on the job learning and provide a framework for thinking about engineering and project management.