Introduction to Computational Logic
What you'll learn
- Understand the basics of Propositional logic
- Acquire skills on natural detection rules to handle Propositional logic
- Acquire skills on derived rules to handle Propositional logic
- Understand the First order Logic
- No prerequisites are there for this course. Students can listen to the lectures to understand computational logic concepts from base.
The aim of logic in computer science is to develop languages to model the situations we encounter as computer science professionals, in such a way that we can reason about them formally. Reasoning about situations means constructing arguments about them; we want to do this formally, so that the arguments are valid and can be defended rigorously, or executed on a machine.
In order to make arguments rigorous, we need to develop a language in which we can express sentences in such a way that brings out their logical structure. The language we begin with is the language of propositional logic. It is based on propositions, or declarative sentences which one can, in principle, argueas being true or false.
The outline of this course is given as,
Introduction to Propositional Logic, Parse tree, valuation of Propositional Logic statements, Model in propositional logic
How do we go about constructing a calculus for reasoning about propositions given a certain arrangement of premises. - Natural Rules for Deduction, Examples of Natural Deduction Rules
Derived Rules for Deduction, Proof by contradiction, Modus Tollens,Law of Excluded middle portion and Double negation elimination
Introduction to Predicate Logic, Natural language statements to Predicate logic statements
Parse tree, substitution and Model in First order logic
Who this course is for:
- Computer science students
- Students who wants to learn computational logic
- Anybody who wants to pursue a career in Computer Science Engineering
Hi!! Im Deeba Kannan, working Assistant Professor in SRM Institute of Science and Technology. I completed my Doctorate in the field of IoT and Deep learning model for Agricultural Enhancement. I love teaching and I am teaching B-Tech students for past 10 years. I do few youtube video lectures for my students in Theory of Computation, Artificial Intelligence and Compiler Design. Im interested more in to the core and base of computer science subjects.