Introduction to CBT (Fully Accredited)
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will have a good, comprehensive understanding of CBT
- In this course you will learn about how CBT began, how CBT works, the ABC model of Distress, thoughts feelings and behavior, life rules and core beliefs
- By the end of the course you will have developed the skills needed to use some CBT techniques, strategies and tools for your own use and for work with others.
- An interest in Psychology, Counselling or therapy
- Good basic use of the English language
This course is fully accredited by IAOTH (International Association of Therapists) and a certificate is provided upon completion.
I decided to make this my lowest price course as it was created over 12 years ago and I am currently working on an brand new Introduction to CBT. Over 3000 students in 58 countries!!! and counting-This is a 10 session course (containing 20 lecture videos, word handouts, mp3 sound file lectures and a quiz to help reinforce the learning). The course introduces the student to all of the basics of Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Including: how it developed, how it works, the ABC model of distress, life rules, core beliefs and the links between what we think and how we feel.
The course can be completed at the student's own speed and includes powerpoint, handouts, teacher talk, teacher video, teacher white board presentation and opportunities to ask questions, discuss topics and share feedback.
This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in CBT, either for their own use/development or for their future training and educational preferences.
Included in the course is a free copy of Kevin O'Doherty's best selling self help book: The Little Book of Thinking Errors; A Self Help Guide for Changing Unhelpful Thoughts.
The style of teaching is relaxed, informal and professional and throughout the course, students are encouraged to think through issues covered and to discuss with friends, colleagues or associates. Students are also encouraged to get in touch with the lecturer with any questions or queries they may have. The lecturer also welcomes students opinion on any of the points discussed throughout the course.
An excellent course for anyone with an interest in the topic, either from a personal or professional perspective. The course is taught by Kevin O'Doherty, Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness and CBT Therapist. Kevin has worked in mental health for over 20 years and has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience during that time. This course is also available via live streaming and face to face upon request. Individuals and organisations alike are encouraged to get in touch.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in CBT, therapy or psychology
- People who want to use CBT techniques for their own use
- People intending to go on to train as a CBT Therapist
- Therapists from other backgrounds who would like to have a good understanding of CBT and how it works.
- People who are considering or receiving Cognitive Behavior Therapy
All of my online courses on Udemy are fully accredited by IAOTH, with certificates provided on completion. I also provide all of my courses via live streaming to groups and individuals.
I am a Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert, CBT Therapist and Author of several self help books. I also carry out Medico Legal Psychological Assessments for Law firms. I provide Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for clients based all over the world with the aid of Virtual Programme Software such as Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp and Doxy. I consult, advise and deliver training on all aspects of forensic mental health in the UK, Europe and USA on request.
I find my work as a Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness fascinating and I do hope that I present some of that fascination to the student during the course.
In addition to our Cgforensicmentalhealth website, we also have Calibre Gold website.