Introduction to Cast Iron
- Be familiar with principles of Metallurgy
In this course we will learn about different kinds of cast irons and influence of different variables on castings.
- Chemical composition
- Liquid treatment
- Cooling rate
- Heat treatment
As we can see here, this course is divided to 8 lectures:
1- Definition and classification
2- Principles of the Metallurgy of Cast Iron
3- Gray Iron (Flake or Lamellar Graphite Iron)
4- Ductile Iron (Spheroidal Graphite Iron)
5- Compacted (Vermicular) Graphite Iron
6- Malleable Iron
7- White Cast Iron
8- Alloy cast Irons
- Material Science engineers
- Definition and classification
- Principles of the Metallurgy of Cast Iron
- Gray Iron (Flake or Lamellar Graphite Iron)
- Ductile Iron (Spheroidal Graphite Iron)
- Compacted (Vermicular) Graphite Iron
- Malleable Iron
- White Cast Iron
- Alloy Cast Irons
My name is Amir Partovi and I am glad that you are reading this!
I got my Master's Degree in 2009 in Material Science and Engineering. Since then I have worked in a research lab which has made me familiar with different fields of industry from oil & gas to automobile.
As an engineer my duty is to solve technical problems and this make me proud.