Introduction to Body Massage
What you'll learn
- This course introduces students to body massage and covers the following topics:
- What is massage?
- A brief history of massage
- What are the benefits of massage?
- What are the contra-indications to massage?
- What are the products used to provide massage?
- What equipment is needed for to give massage?
- Simple anatomy and physiology
- Simple massage techniques for a relaxing massage
- Applying massage to the back; dummy run and real application demonstration
- Back massage demonstration with Kay on the Couch.
- Foot massage with Kay on the couch
- Progression with your personal development
- Students will require the following items, which we look at in the class:
- A massage couch if you can afford one but cushions or a mattress or rolled up quilt on the floor will be ok too. Alternatively you can provided a back massage while your friend is seated on a chair and I share an adaptation with you.
- You'll need some vegetable oil, corn starch or arrowroot powder, two large towels and because massage is interactive you need a friend (and your friend can also watch this course with you and give you a back massage too :) )
- This is a course that is a requisite of the professional body massage qualification course, but also allows students upon completing the professional body massage qualification to take hot stone massage courses.
Introduction to Body Massage
Natural and holistic therapy for to release tension, stress and pressure
Touch is the essence of all forms of massage. When massage is applied regularly our brain, body and being responds by releasing tension. We experience deeper sense of ease, improved sleep, and a feeling of nurturing and calm.
Hi and welcome. I'm Deborah Casey the founder of a global training and educational company here in the UK. I've almost 3 decades of post graduation experience in the practices of holistic therapy and massage. I've created courses with the aim of empowering students to take charge of their own health and well-being, to support their family and friends.
My offerings give the possibility of gaining professional qualification, membership and insurance should you wish to develop your education, skills and expertise. This course is equivalent to level one in the industry.
****This course demonstrates both back and foot massage to share with loved ones, family and friends****
The benefits of this course include:
learn from a qualified massage therapist
access anywhere in the world where there is an internet connection
simple skills that help to ease the brain, body and being to relax
support in the platform too
Ready to enrol?
Enrolled today and I look forward to meeting with you on the other side...
Students will receive a Udemy course certificate of completion, there is also an opportunity to obtain a certificate of completion from ourselves.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for students who are interested in natural methods of relieving stress, who are interested in holistic therapy, who are interested in learning if becoming a qualified masseuse is for them
- But most of all for students who want to share massage with family, friends and their loved one.
Providing a range of holistic practitioner training courses to students interested in learning how to look after themselves, their family, friends and potentially develop a business and receive paying clients.
Please ensure you read course information fully and note any pre-requisites that must be fulfilled; course requisites are obligator without prejudice. Also note our certifications, for our worldwide, highly acclaimed, recognised qualifications, has a separate fee, payable in advance of release of the qualification.
Our professional qualified courses are recognised, by our partner insurance company, for which you will require our certifications; other fees apply for professional therapist insurance. Also students can request addition to our professional membership register and therapist directory and gain support therein.
Our courses have been approved by the IICT however they will only accept our certifications if you have attended in person training which we do not provide - our training is all on line as provided.
Our organisation provides:
1. Education and Training to students internationally
2. Some courses are for information only
3. Access to professional membership with the British Holistic Therapy Organisations or British Reiki Organisation (other, separate fees apply)
4. Access to professional therapist insurance with out partner organisation, which is now available to students internationally (other, separate fees apply)
(Please note wherever in the video lessons 'Calm Oasis Holistic Therapy' is stated it is now 'Calm Oasis International')
Please note the public business is being retired to remove the maritime, legal state. This is being replaced by private status with a new name. As such this will reflect on our platforms. This is to bring us into the jurisdiction of Common Law, under British Constitution reflected in commonwealth countries, and we commit to our standing under Common Law state to do no harm, cause no injury or loss with remedy under the Common law.