Intro to Big Data, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
What you'll learn
- Examples of Big Data and Data Science in Practice (Healthcare, Logistics & Transportation, Manufacturing, and Real Estate & Property Management industries)
- Big Data Definition and Data Sources. Why we need to be data and technology savvy.
- Introduction to Data Science and Skillset required for working with Big Data
- Technological Breakthroughs which Enable Big Data Solutions (Connectivity, Cloud, Open Source, Hadoop and NoSQL)
- Big Data Technology Architecture and most popular technology tools used for each Architecture Layer
- Beginner's Introduction to Data Analysis, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Simplified Overview of Machine Learning Algorithms and Neural Networks
- Curiosity about business and technology
- There are no special requirements or prerequisites. Anyone can learn from this course.
This course is designed for anyone who is new to big data projects, and would like to get better understanding what machine learning and artificial intelligence mean in practice. It is not a technical course, it does not involve coding, but it will make you feel confident when working in teams with data scientists and programmers. It will bring you up to speed with the data science, ML and AI terminology.
The course is also designed for people who are generally interested in modern technologies and their applications - we have included case studies covering oil&gas predictive maintenance, use of AI in healthcare, application of sensor and other digital technologies in buildings and construction, the role of machine learning in transport and logistics and many more.
You will learn about big data, Internet of Things (IoT), data science, big data technologies, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) algorithms, neural networks, and why this could be relevant to you even if you don't have technology or data science background. Please note that this is NOT TECHNICAL TRAINING and it does NOT teach Coding/Development or Statistics, but it is suitable for technical professionals. I am proud to say that this course was purchased by a large oil&gas company in Asia to educate their field engineers about machine learning as part of their digitalisation strategy.
The course includes the interviews with industry experts that cover big data developments in Real Estate, Logistics & Transportation and Healthcare industries. You will learn how machine learning is used to predict engine failures, how artificial intelligence is used in anti-ageing, cancer treatment and clinical diagnosis, you will find out what technology is used in managing smart buildings and smart cities including Hudson Yards in New York. We have got fantastic guest speakers who are the experts in their areas:
- WAEL ELRIFAI - Global VP of Solution Engineering - Big Data, IoT & AI at Hitachi Vantara with over 15 years of experience in the field of machine learning and IoT. Wael is also a Co-Authour of the book "The Future of IoT".
- ED GODBER - Healthcare Strategist with over 20 years of experience in Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and start-ups specialising in Artificial Intelligence.
- YULIA PAK - Real Estate and Portfolio Strategy Consultant with over 12 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate advisory, currently working with clients who deploy IoT technologies to improve management of their real estate portfolio.
Hope you will enjoy the course and let me know in the comments of each section how I can improve the course! Please follow me on social media (Shortlisted Productions) - you can find the links on my profile page - just click on my name at the bottom of the page just before the reviews. And please check out my other courses on Climate Change.
Who this course is for:
- Non-technical leaders and managers
- Anyone who is interested in big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Professionals considering career switch
- People with technical background who want to gain insights in real life applications of data science skills
- Anyone who works with coders, data engineers and data scientists and wants to learn basics about big data technology and tools
- People without maths or computer science background, but who want to understand how Machine Learning algorithms work
I have a particular interest in the topics of climate change, decarbonisation, energy transition, digital technologies, data science and machine learning. I believe that even if you are not working in technology or climate change, you still deserve education on these important topics, so that you could be better equipped to deal with new realities and contribute to the society and planet. So I design my own training courses, courses for corporate clients, and offer production services to other instructors/lecturers or organisations.
Professionally, I am a management consultant, project, programme and change manager, media producer/director with 20 years of experience in financial services industry (operations and consulting) and 10 years of experience in media/video production industry (educational content and corporate communications).
I am passionate about change, strategic development, operational transformation and learning new things. I have experience of working in both large corporate and start-up environments, and running my own business.
Masters in Banking and Finance. Qualified Management Accountant (CIMA). Certified in Filmmaking (London Film Academy).
Always check my website (Shortlisted Productions) and social media for the latest discounts.