Introduction to Basic C#
What you'll learn
- Configuring Visual Studio 2019
- Creating a simple class
- Accessing methods
- Using the dot member operator
- Defining a string
- Understanding how to use the debugger
- Understand how to find default variable values
- Understand the concept of a data type
- Understand how to find and get information from the .NET Framework source code
- Understand the meaning of static as applied to methods
- Understand the meaning of public as applied to methods
- Understand the meaning of void as applied to methods
- Understand operators
- Understand how methods are called
- Understand the logical and
- Understand the logical or
- Understand short-circuiting
- Understand how to combine if with logical operators
- Understand how to use switch blocks
- Learn how to use while loops
- Learn how to create useful infinite while loops
- Learn about various keywords like static, private, public and class
- Learn about creating and invoking methods
- Understand how to use for loops
- Understand how to use discards
- Understand how to work with lists in C#
- Understanding how to create methods
- Understand how to use the params keyword in c#
- Understand how to combine params methods with lists to create input processing methods
- Understand how to create a method that returns a list of doubles
- Ability to download and install Visual Studio 2019
Please read through the features of this course.
It's very important to do this as a means of deciding whether this course is the right one to buy.
Update 3/13/2021: Added new section to bottom on lists and some LINQ in C#. This new section consists of 18 videos. Lists are very useful for storing data. LINQ is short for Language Integrated Query.
1. a. There is a small, moving talking head that appears in the videos to draw attention to different points of discussion. PLEASE BE SURE YOU DO NOT FIND THIS DISTRACTING BEFORE ENROLLING. PLEASE WATCH THE PREVIEW VIDEOS TO SEE THIS IN ACTION. THIS FEATURE IS NOT USED IN THE NEWER VIDEOS.
2. Some of the videos use the Visual Studio debugger.
3. The videos were made with a high quality microphone.
4. Some of the videos show only coding.
5. Some of the videos are about reading the .NET Framework source code to some extent.
6. Some of the videos have exercises. Please stop and do what you can to complete them.
7. Some of the explanations are very detailed.
8. This is a beginners course, but it's NOT an overly simplified introduction. It gets technical in certain places.
9. Some of the code examples are quite short. While others are longer.
Who this course is for:
- Those who are interested in learning the basics of C#.
I love computers , math and programming.
I teach because it gives me great joy to understand things deeply and to share that knowledge with others.
1. Master's degree in Statistical Computing
2. BA in mathematics
3. Professional development certificates from Microsoft in each area below:
1. Deep learning with Python
2. Introduction to Artificial intelligence
3. Data science with Python
4. Math for machine learning
5. Data science research methods with Python
4. Professional certificates from other schools:
1. Columbia university certificate in introduction to corporate finance
2. MIT certificate in introductory economics