Introduction to Ayurveda
What you'll learn
- Understand the cosmic force
- Have an understanding of how the doshas are formed
- Have an understanding of the qualities of the doshas
- Exploring the doshas in a Yoga practice
- How to apply the doshic theory to your Yoga practice
- Understanding how to balance the doshas
- Understanding the implication of doshas and rhythm in daily life
- Exploring the 6 tastes
- No Ayurvedic knowledge is needed.
- You will learn the very basics of Ayurveda on this course.
In this Introduction to Ayurveda Course you will meet my fantastic colleagues Jennifer Stephens and Rene Lambert (Ayurvedic Practitioners) in Cape Town, South Africa.
In this course we will cover the following:
The cosmic forces and the Big Bang theory.
How the elements came about.
How the elements combined to form the 3 doshas.
The 3 doshas - Vata, Pitta & Kapha.
The qualities of the doshas.
How Yoga and pranayama practices can be adapted to suit your immediate needs.
How your Surya Namaskar (Salute to the Sun) can be adapted to create different sensations.
How to bring balance to imbalances with your dosha.
Exploring rhythm in nature, the seasons and cyclically and why living in rhythm is of paramount importance.
How to use the 6 tastes to bring about balance.
There will also be little nuggets of information shared along the way as additional Q&A's are encouraged from students. These include acknowledging our individuality, travel and Vata and tastes.
You will have access to a doshic quiz sheet where you can take time to unearth your dosha, explore your Prakriti (balanced, born state) and your Vikriti (current imbalanced state).
In this course you will explore the basics of Ayurveda in an informative, fun and insightful way.
You will probably have a lot of "aha" moments, relate and resonate with a lot of that Rene and Jennifer bring into the discussion and lessons.
Who this course is for:
- Those who are intrigued and interested by Ayurveda and what Ayurveda means.
- Yoga teachers and other holistic practitioners who would like to use the knowledge of Ayurveda to create well rounded classes.