Introduction to Automotive Product Design & development
What you'll learn
- What is the Overall process and workflow. The major milestones
- How product planning and concept development is carried out
- What happens in Automotive Design and styling
- What are Ergonomic analyses and factors considered in establishing initial concept of passenger vehicles
- What is Vehicle Architecture, affect of powertrain design on Vehicle architecture
- What is vehicle construction. The differences between Monocoque and Body on frame constructions
- What are various types of Suspension and factors in Suspension configuration selection for vehicle
- What are modular platforms. Key characteristic of modular platforms and their benefits
- System Packaging design and importances of Interfaces , Role of integration
- Detail design and Engineering Bill of materials
- What is DFMEA, DVp and concern resolution
- Example of Design of Frame
- Overview of Performance domains and the systems , factors which affect them
- Basic understanding of Automotive engineering systems
The Automotive product development process is based on he Mechanical design and development process
Starting from product planning to Detail Design
This course will cover the key aspects of these stages and key activities carried out along with major milestones
Concept of Concurrent engineering and how teams are formed in cross functional setup
Major milestones at each stage
The nature of product development and types of product development
How concepts are developed and differences between industrial design and engineering design
What are ergonomic analyses and H point . Importance in establishing the concept
What is Vehicle architecture and types of Vehicle construction and types of Suspension used in different types of vehicles
What are vehicle platforms and modular designs . Importance of standardization
Activities in Systems design - Interfaces and Integration of complex systems
Activities in Detail design phase including DFMEA, DVP preparation and Concern resolution
What is BOM ,PLM and engineering release
The Main outcome of the course is to develop a holistic understanding of the whole process from idea to production level design
The course is useful for Design engineering aspirants in automotive domain or for anyone interested in gaining insights how automobiles are developed in industry .
Who this course is for:
- Design engineering aspirants looking to learn more about automotive development
- Anyone interested in automotive engineering and product development
Mufaddal Rasheed is a mechanical design engineer and an inventor experienced in a role in Automotive R&D designing complete Chassis systems from Concept to production for SUV projects in Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd for 7 years . Part of a team which delivered a innovative modular chassis platform for 5 vehicles.
With knowledge of the complete product development process and the details of engineering systems, he brings to the table a combination of analytical and creative skills.
Currently working on multiple projects of his own towards becoming a serial inventor and educator in the area of Design engineering.
He is passionate about mechanical design and innovation and writes regularly on Quora with a Top writer badge.
Core belief is that engineering is a lifelong learning process and for a designer it is "the more you know the better you design".
Building a comprehensive knowledge system for mechanical design engineers and aspirants which would prepare an individual for engineering innovation at Mechademic
The Courses are focused on Practical aspects of Automotive and General Mechanical design engineering Targeted purely towards product development grounded in theory.
What students say about the courses according to 600+ sample surveys
97 % say they are learning valuable information
96 % say the explanation of concepts is clear
99 % say the instructor is knowledgeable in the subject