Introduction to Autodesk Maya 2016
- Download a Student version of Maya 2016 (Free) from Autodesk.com
- If they know simple software like Photoshop and Flash, it will be really easy for them to work with Maya.
This is an introductory course to learn Autodesk Maya 2016. This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn Autodesk Maya for the first time.
Build a strong foundation in Maya the world’s best 3D Animation software with this Course.
- Learn the basic user interface of Autodesk Maya
- Understand View port which is Autodesk Maya’s work area
- Maya is a node based software. So, one lecture is dedicated for understanding Maya Nodes.
3D Animation and Application Learning Autodesk Maya will enable you to be able to create 3D content for a wide range of applications. By learning Maya you can create
- Model and animate 3D Animation films
- Model and animate 3D Advertisements
- Model and animate 3D Games for a wide range of mediums including mobile apps.
Of course it is not possible to learn everything about Maya this one course. This course will help you to get started with Autodesk Maya 2016. This will be the first step in the journey of exploring Autodesk Maya.
- Understand the basics of Autodesk Maya
- Model a simple tree and background
- Understand the process of texturing and apply color to all the modeled objects
- Render a final image of a tree and the background
Content and Overview
Introduction to Maya 2016 has six sections. Section 1,2 &3 covers some foundation for understanding Autodesk Maya 2016. Section 4 explains the modeling of the tree and the background. Section 5 explains how to apply color (texturing) to the modeled objects. In section 6, we will create lights and render our final image.
Section 1: Introduction
- Lecture2:Maya User Interface
- Lecture3:Viewports or the work area
- Lecture4:What are nodes?
Section2: Getting Started
- Lecture5:Understanding Maya Projects
- Lecture6:Saving in Maya
- Lecture7:Marking Menus & Hotbox
- Lecture8:Wireframe mode and shaded mode
- Lecture9:Creating Premitives
Section3: Working in Maya
- Lecture10:Basic Transformations
- Lecture11:Duplicating in Maya
- Lecture12:Grouping and Parenting
- Lecture13:Selections & Poly Components
- Lecture14:Extrude tool
- Lecture15:Modeling Tree : Root and Trunk
- Lecture16:Modeling Tree : Leafs
- Lecture17:Modeling the mountain
- Lecture18:Hypershade Window
- Lecture19:Texturing the Tree and the mountain
- Lecture20:Understadning Maya Lights
- Lecture21:Lighting and Rendering
Who this course is for:
- Suitable for absolute beginners
- Someone with a passion of learning 3D animation software Maya
- 10:51Maya User Interface
- 05:34Viewports or the work area
- 04:23What are nodes?
My name is Andrew Rees
My passion is in creative arts including but not limited to drawing, sculpting and animating. I have received “The General Secretariat Award for Design and Development of e-Courses – 2015” A GCC level Award organized by University of Bahrain.
I have over 10 years of total work experience which includes both teaching and animation film production. My experience in production enabled me to make the students industry ready so that they won’t need additional training when they enter a job in Animation studio.
I have trained students from 4 different countries namely India, Mongolia, Jordan and Oman. So, I can understand the expectation of the students coming from various cultural background.
I am also actively creating video tutorials in my YouTube channel “AnyoneCanAnimate” in an attempt to make animation education to be free for everyone.