Introduction to ASP.NET Core
- 3-6 months familiarity with C# and SQL
- Visual Studio 2019
- SQL Server Management Studio
- .NET Core 3.1
This is an introductory course on ASP.NET Core 3.1. This course is for anyone who is new to asp.net core 3.1 or who is familiar with ASP.NET and wants to take the first stab at understanding what is different in asp.net core 3.1.
Throughout this course, we would understand the evolution of ASP.NET Core and then we would take a look at the modified files and folder structure.
We would then take a look at new concepts in ASP.NET Core 3.1 with Razor Pages
We would build a small book list application with CRUD operations using entity framework for integration with a database with asp.net core Razor Pages.
We would then take a look at new concepts in ASP.NET Core 3.1 with MVC
We would build a small book list application with CRUD operations using entity framework for integration with a database with asp.net core MVC.
We will also see how we can use Datatables with API Calls in a Razor Project.
- Anyone who wants to learn fundamentals of ASP NET Core 3.1
- Anyone who wants to understand new file structure in ASP NET Core 3.1
- Create basic CRUD operation application using ASP NET MVC Core 3.1
- Create basic CRUD operation application using ASP NET Core 3.1 Razor Pages
- Razor Project Overview02:10
- MVC Project Overview01:01
- Evolution of ASP.NET Core04:29
- Tools Needed01:36
- Create Project02:42
- Razor Pages03:14
- Pages Folder04:30
- Routing in Razor Pages05:18
- Tag Helpers03:21
- Main Method02:33
- Startup Part 103:12
- Startup Part 204:08
- Dependency Injection03:52
- Runtime Razor Package02:59
- Create Book Model02:20
- Add Connection String and Packages03:24
- Add Book Table to Database05:20
- Book Index Get Handler06:04
- Designing Book Index Page03:14
- Designing Book Index Page Part 207:24
- Create Book Page Model03:35
- Create Book Page UI04:27
- Create Book and Validations05:58
- Client Side Validations01:55
- Edit Book Get Handler02:52
- Edit Book UI01:22
- Edit Post Handler04:36
- Delete Book03:49
- Book Get API04:05
- Delete API Call02:58
- Delete Book04:33
- Upsert Page Handlers05:07
- Upsert Page UI03:17
- Create Project02:32
- MVC Project02:18
- Routing in MVC05:04
- Create Book Model and Push to Database07:22
- Create Books Controller02:51
- Third Party Links02:07
- BookList Js and API Calls04:46
- Index View Book List04:02
- Upsert Get Action02:47
- Upsert View06:28
- Upsert Post And Delete04:04
- Bonus Content01:04
I am a passionate and creative software engineer with a strong focus on simplicity and thorough details. I have been programming since high school and I have been involved with multiple web and desktop using .net.
I have a master's of science degree in computer science and a Bachelor of Computer Engineering. I also have many years of experience with .NET C# and .NET MVC. I enjoy teaching along with my full-time job.
For me, the most important part about writing and teaching code is to eliminate the hardships of every student out there who is willing to learn but cannot find adequate resource which is easy to understand. Coding is a way to be creative and have fun!