Introduction to archiving with Veritas Enterprise Vault
- This is a beginners course so no previous knowledge of Enterprise Vault is required.
- Some understanding of how email systems works would be beneficial but not essential.
Veritas Enterprise Vault is a market-leading archiving product for both for emails and files. In this introductory course we will answer fundamental questions about Enterprise Vault such as: Why archive with Enterprise Vault? What does Enterprise Vault do? How does Enterprise Vault work? We will then look in more detail at Microsoft Exchange Archiving. File System Archiving and SMTP Archiving.
The courses consists of 8 video lectures and 2 quizzes to test your knowledge. Many of the lectures include practical demonstrations of Enterprise Vault so that you can see it working.
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to get a better understanding of Enterprise Vault but would be particularly useful for messaging administrators, file server administrators and IT consultants who sell Enterprise Vault services and licenses.
Who this course is for:
- IT staff who have to manage Enterprise Vault as part of their email system.
- Power users who are curious about how Enterprise Vault works.
- IT Managers who want to have a good overview of what Enterprise Vault does and how it works.
- IT consultants who are working on a project where Enterprise Vault is already deployed.
- 01:39Welcome to this course
- 04:31Why archive with Enterprise Vault?
- 08:34What does Enterprise Vault do?
- 09:39How does Enterprise Vault work?
- 5 questionsWhat is Enterprise Vault?
I am a freelance trainer, course developer and consultant based in the UK. I absolutely love communicating IT through face-to-face and online courses. I have worked in IT for 27 years with 19 years experience as a technical trainer teaching email administration, email archiving, IT security and networking. I also have 10 years experience of developing online training courses at Symantec. I used to be a rocket scientist a long time ago!