Angular 2 Demystified
- You should also have basic understanding of the Angular framework
- You should be familiar with the basics of ES6. For example you should know how to create a class, how to import modules, etc.
- You should also be familiar with the basics of TypeScript.
NOTE: this course was made couple of years ago when Angular was in Alpha and Beta phases. You can still use it as reference.
Angular 2 is going to be a game changer in the Web Development world and would enable you to architect large scale and maintainable software. Angular 2 embraces web technologies and best practices in software development which means that your software will be future proof. Not to mention its performance and blazingly fast internals that would make it the first choice for making mobile applications.
At this point Angular is still in developer preview but you can get started learning the basic concepts and get ahead of the curve. This course introduces you the basic concepts of Angular 2 namely Components, Annotations, Views, Event Handlers and Directives. In Angular 2 everything is a Component and this course takes a component-centric approach. We will use Components as the main point of discussion and learn about other concepts in Angular 2 in the context of Components.
Even though Angular 2 is still in developer preview, you should set learning Angular 2 as your top priority because not only is Angular 2 going to be the future of web, but also there are a lot of new concepts in Angular 2 that require time to internalize. Also note that this course will be continuously updated as new changes come out. Don't worry about the API changes that much as long as you learn the semantics of the framework, syntax and API changes won't be as important.
As an awesome bonus of joining the course, you’ll get my ebook: Angular 2 for beginners for FREE. Please check out the book on leanpub to get access (the link is in the video).
Start learning today and get ahead of the game.
- You can still take advantage of the course if you are not familiar with Angular, but the learning curve will be much steeper
- This course is best suited for those who are already familiar with Angular.
- Course Content00:14
- Installing Node02:42
- Installing Visual Studio Code03:23
- Setting up VSCode for TypeScript05:19
- Classes: The Basics05:09
- Classes: Adding a Constructor05:07
- Classes: Inheritance00:27
- Using Angular Project Files05:46
- Using the Docs05:49
- Concepts Overview04:21
- Intro to Components04:41
- Basic Component Setup03:11
- Basic Component Class06:38
- Component Inputs06:29
- Native DOM Property Binding04:20
- Using Local Variables06:10
- Component Outputs07:28
- Attribute Directive04:01
- Host Property05:14
- Basic Custom Pipe05:53
- Pipe with Parameters02:42
- Using Pipe in Controller02:07
- Date Pipe05:19
- Slice Pipe03:12
- Async Pipe03:42
- Simple Service04:55
- Using the Get method09:38
- Using the Project Files01:10
- Cloning the course repository01:26
- Creating the root component04:48
- Creating the main method04:06
- Organize folders using a component-centric perspective03:18
- Creating the Messenger Component06:56
- Using the For directive04:42
- Creating the Compose Component04:04
- Creating the MessageStore Service03:47
- Handling Events Example 106:09
- Handling Events Example 203:17
- Composing Messenger with the Compose Component05:25
- Debugging the Components05:04
- Get My 2 Other Courses At A Steep Discount00:29
My name is AJ and I'm a Software Engineer. I have worked on a variety of projects ranging from implementing user interfaces, to making productivity tools for engineers and designers. I am also very passionate about education and enjoy sharing what I learn with the world.
I am also the co-author of the Less Web Development Cookbook published by Packt Publishing. The book is about working with LESS on the client to make apps more maintainable.
I have been a self-taught learner as long as I can remember and I really enjoy sharing my findings and learnings with the world through any medium that I can. If you have any questions regarding any of my courses, you can reach me at email@example.com