Introduction to Agile & Scrum
What you'll learn
- The Trouble With Traditional Approaches: Why modern project management needs Agile in an age of VUCA
- The Manifesto for Agile Software Development: Reviewing the seminal 2001 text and principles that started it all
- An Overview of Agile: What are the elements of Agile? What are its advantages? What does it mean for your organisation?
- An Overview of The Scrum Framework: How can teams work on complex products in a responsive way and get results?
- Scrum Roles & Responsibilities: What is a Product Owner? What is a Scrum Master? What is a Scrum Team? What do they do?
- Scrum Artefacts: What is a Product Backlog? What is a Sprint Backlog? What is a Product Increment?
- Scrum Events: What is Sprint Planning? What is a Daily Scrum? What is a Sprint Review? What is a Sprint Retrospective?
- Supporting Practices: The best ways to support and enable Scrum to ensure true agility.
- We require nothing more than a willingness to learn and an open mind.
Whether you've only just heard of Agile and Scrum and want to know more or you're a seasoned project manager tired of constant late delivery, this course is for you.
Let the UK's leading trainers in Agile and Scrum put you and your business on the road to transformation with this vital introductory course. Taught by John McFadyen and Karim Harbott, two of the founders of Agile Centre, this rich, accessible course will cover the reasons why modern organisations need a new approach to business, as well as the theory, practices, and rules of Scrum. This course provides practical guidance for adopting Scrum and continuously improving your organisation.
This course includes the following modules:
An Overview of Agile
An Overview of the Scrum Framework
The Scrum Roles & Responsibilities
The Scrum Artefacts
The Scrum Events
BONUS: Hints & Tips From The Field
Agile Centre is a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Provider (REP).
Who this course is for:
- Anyone curious about Agile and Scrum
- Project Managers
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Business Analysts
- Software Engineers
Blending nearly two decades of experience in Agile frameworks and Lean techniques from the software world with professional coach training, John has created a unique approach to coaching with a strong focus on end goals, the right level of planning and actions designed to gain momentum.
Recently these skills have been used to help organisations build their internal Agile capability by forming and coaching communities of practice. This has been achieved through the development of the internal experienced practitioners within the organisation into high performing coaches.
John is a founding partner of Agile Centre, as well as one of a privileged few to hold the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST), Certified Enterprise Coach® (CEC) and Path to CSP Educator status.
Karim is a leadership coach, entrepreneur, agile trainer, author, and international keynote speaker. He has over a decade of experience helping organisations with Agile transformations. He has worked on some of the most complex anywhere in the world, including many large, financial services organisations, government departments and global consultancies.
Karim is one of only a handful of people globally to hold both the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST) and Certified Enterprise Coach® (CEC) status. He is also an ICF Professional Certified Coach® (PCC) and Certified Leadership Agility® 360 Coach