Introduction to Cyber Security
What you'll learn
- Understand components of Cyber Security (i.e. Cyber Warfare, Espionage and Crime)
- Understand how IT-Security has "morphed" into cyber security
- Review latest research into attacks, defenses and reasons for various areas of cyber security
- Discuss (briefly) common core concepts of cyper security.
- General security, security awareness and or an interest in technology
- You can get updates to this course from 2021 and 2022 via my books on Amazon
Many people interpret and decide on what cyber security is, some see cyber security as a continuation of evolved version of it-security, others view it as a completely new branch of security and still others see it as mixture of the two. This course will give you the basics based on actual literature reviews, academic research and personal experience in global projects and work in cyber security, focusing on cyber warfare, espionage, crime and defenses as well as attacks used.
Areas covered in this course include:
1. Introduction into "Cyber"
2. Introduction into what the Cyber Realm and Cyber World are
3. Explanation of Cyber Terms such as what cyber is, what are the definitions of cyber war, espionage, crime, etc.
4. Basic components of Cyber Security such as OSINT, Hacking and Criminal Hackers, Hacker Profiles and Forensics, and much more.
5. Details into Cyber Warfare, Espionage and Crime
6. Updates in 2022 about newer areas that are relevant to cyber defense and security
It is a comprehensive introduction into cyber security and the cyber areas that will help you understand more detailed aspects of the weaknesses, attacks and defenses used to attack or protect critical infrastructure.
If you need more comprehensive "practical" knowledge, we provide courses up to the Mil/DoD spec on these topics.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in security, securing data, information or just yourselves while online
- Anyone who works or is interested in learning about cyber security and cyber research
- People who are just started out in the security field and want a fast, easy way to find out about what cyber security means.
- A brief overview of core cyber principles.
Hi, my name is Mike and I have been working in the IT and Security space for more than 30 years. As a result of this long time in the security and technology industry I have amassed more than 15 separate certifications ranging from CISSP to more specific ones like SIEM Engineer. My academic life has seen multiple degrees and research as well from the apprenticeship all the way up to Doctoral Research for Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh and my Masters at Ulster University in Ireland.
I am an author of 5 books in English and 3 in German as well as multiple articles, reports and papers on topics ranging from Cyberbullying in Social Networks up to and including Nation State Cyber Warfare and Espionage.
Health-wise I have completed my Trainer Certification as well as Meditation, Fitness Instructor and also Tai-Chi Qi Gong training for relaxation, anti stress and other forms of holistic health practices.
My specialities are Security, Cybersecurity, Cyber Risk, Intelligence, IT Technologies, Stress, Risk Management, Business Leadership, Business Management / Economics, Doctoral Research, and Holistic Health.