Introduction to Cyber Security
What you'll learn
- Understand components of Cyber Security (i.e. Cyber Warfare, Espionage and Crime)
- Understand how IT-Security has "morphed" into cyber security
- Review latest research into attacks, defenses and reasons for various areas of cyber security
- Discuss (briefly) common core concepts of cyper security.
- General security, security awareness and or an interest in technology
- You can get updates to this course from 2021 and 2022 via my books on Amazon
Many people interpret and decide on what cyber security is, some see cyber security as a continuation of evolved version of it-security, others view it as a completely new branch of security and still others see it as mixture of the two. This course will give you the basics based on actual literature reviews, academic research and personal experience in global projects and work in cyber security, focusing on cyber warfare, espionage, crime and defenses as well as attacks used.
Areas covered in this course include:
- Introduction into "Cyber"
- Explanation of Cyber Areas such as what cyber is, what are the definitions of cyber war, espionage, crime, etc.
- Basic components of Cyber Security such as OSINT, Hacking and Criminal Hackers, Hacker Profiles and Forensics, and much more.
- Details into Cyber Warfare, Espionage and Crime
It is a comprehensive introduction into cyber security and the cyber areas that will help you understand more detailed aspects of the weaknesses, attacks and defenses used to attack or protect critical infrastructure.
If you need more comprehensive "practical" knowledge, we provide courses up to the Mil/DoD spec on these topics.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in security, securing data, information or just yourselves while online
- Anyone who works or is interested in learning about cyber security and cyber research
- People who are just started out in the security field and want a fast, easy way to find out about what cyber security means.
- A brief overview of core cyber principles.
Michael has worked on multiple projects globally from architecture to cyber security, working with some of the biggest fortune 50 companies and within the top 5 consulting industry. Some companies he has worked with and for include Accenture, Avanade, Dell, FSC, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Sophos and Symantec.
Michael's company (HakDefNet) currently does research and projects focused on Global Cyber Threats, International Business and Security Leadership and are aimed at making security products, processes, solutions and defense against cyber threats as easy to understand and implement as possible. Michael is also the author of the chapter "Cyber Security: Future IT-Security Challenges for Tomorrow's Leaders and Businesses", and recently participated in an interview with IGI Global Promotions Coordinator Ann Lupold, elaborating on elevating issues in cyber security and cyber espionage, as well as the challenges that leaders and businesses face in confronting such issues. He also has written for various IT, Channel and Business publications and newspapers internationally.
Michael is also certified as an ISO/IEC27001:2013 Lead Auditor and is the first cyber security trainer to ever be keynote speaker at Davos.